Counselor Social Worker
M&S Psychotherapy Newark, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mental Health Clinic looking to hire full or part time clinicians for multiple positions:
- Clinical supervisors for their In-Home division and Outpatient.
- Candidate must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, must have a supervisory certificate as a clinical supervisor. Candidate must have at least two years of experience providing clinical supervision. Candidate must have at least three years of experience working with mental health population.
- Clinicians combined outpatient / IIC or IIC position.
POSITION TITLE: CLINICIAN
Immediate Supervisor: Clinical Supervisor, Clinical Director
- Provides a variety of therapeutic services to children, adolescents, families, adults, couples and groups in the office, at children’s homes, school settings, via telehealth or a combination of them.
- Performs clinical intakes, case evaluations and crisis intervention
- Participates as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team
- In conjunction with youth, family and/or other members of the treatment team, develops and maintains a strength-based, patient-centered treatment plan
- Maintains confidentiality of records as related to HIPAA, professional ethics, and agency polices and procedures
- Participates from Clinical Supervision on a weekly basis
- Maintains accurate and timely clinical records in accordance with insurance regulations and M&S PSYCHOTHERAPY AND COUNSELING, INC.’s policies and procedures
- Complies with clinical productivity standards as established by Executive Director and Clinical Director
- Participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Actively participates in utilization review as part of the QA plan
- Acts as client advocates with coordinating necessary services or resolving emergency problems, such as a crisis
- Establishes and maintains accurate and complete records
- Refers patients or family members to community resources or to specialists as indicated
- Collaboratively works with other community agencies, state entities, etc… on behalf of the client or M&S PSYCHOTHERAPY AND COUNSELING, INC. as needed
- Uses sound ethical practices as established and defined by training and discipline
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
- Ability to provide clinically sound treatment services based on client needs and treatment plans under the supervision of a Licensed Clinician.
- Understanding of and competency with diagnostic evaluation methods, mental status exams, and use of the latest version of the DSM
- Ability to analyze and respond to client problems by using differential diagnoses and empirically-based treatment approaches
- Ability to recognize and provide appropriate crisis interventions
- Excellent with time management
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related discipline from an accredited educational institution.
- Two years of post-masters supervised clinical experience in a mental health setting. (one year of supervised clinical work in an organized graduate internship program may be substituted for each year of full-time experience).
- Licensed as a Master Level Clinician including but not limited to LSW, LAC, etc. in accordance with current NJ State regulations.
- US Citizenship or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Demonstrates excellent organization, facilitation, and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Writes in a clear, crisp and concise manner, as well as applying effective writing and listening techniques and principles
- Ability to be flexible, have positive stress management skills and be a strong and effective team leader.
- Strong and effective multitasking skills
- Great attention to details and ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding regarding conflict resolution
- Ability to remain calm and use sound judgment during confrontational or high-pressure situations.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Schedule
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- EAP benefits
- Paid Trainings
- Paid Time Off
- relocation expense reimbursement
M&S PsychotherapyWhy Work Here?
Great work environment, excellent benefits, supportive team, opportunities to grow.
M&S Psychotherapy and Counseling is a full service mental health entity providing high quality treatment to children, adolescents and adults at our outpatient centers, in the community and at school locations throughout the State of New Jersey.
320 Lafayette AvenueNewark, NJ
GovernmentView all jobs at M&S Psychotherapy