Who we are:
After our 40+ years in manufacturing, M&M Quality Grinding customers expect first-rate results. Our best efforts begin with you!
We invest in our people because technology will never exceed the value of our most precious resource. Whether experienced, junior-level, or something in-between, we always have a place for hard-working and honest people who thrive on making a difference.
Be part of a team dedicated to affecting precision-reliant industries in profound ways. Do what you love in an environment built on trust and respect, and benefit from the many opportunities for advancement and professional development.
We are a proud practitioner of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and work hard to make everyone feel welcome.
The Process Engineer performs vital functions in establishing and completing manufacturing plans to achieve the most efficient and high-quality products for our customers. A successful individual in this position will be a strong problem solver, be proactive, high energy, able to juggle many tasks at once, work with tight deadlines and be known for strong attention to detail.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or someone with limited professional experience to gain hands-on experience and develop their skills in a manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will work closely with our team to optimize grinding processes, ensure quality standards, and contribute to the overall success of our operations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Learn and understand the grinding processes employed at M&M Quality Grinding, including equipment operation, tooling, and safety protocols.
· Collaborate with other departments including sales and production personnel to identify process improvement opportunities and assist in implementing solutions.
· Assist in the analysis of process data and metrics to identify trends, patterns, and areas for improvement.
· Participate in experiments and tests to optimize grinding parameters, tooling, and equipment settings.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of process documentation, including standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions.
· Provide technical support to production personnel, troubleshoot process-related issues, and contribute to implementing corrective actions.
· Contribute to root cause analysis investigations to identify and resolve process deviations and non-conformities.
· Stay informed about industry advancements and technological developments in grinding processes and tools.
· Support the engineering and maintenance teams in the installation, commissioning, and maintenance of grinding equipment.
· Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
· Basic knowledge of engineering principles and manufacturing processes. Familiarity with grinding processes is a plus.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment, collaborating with cross-functional teams.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Strong work ethic and commitment to continuous improvement.
· Preferred skill: Experience with Global Shop Solution ERP Software.
· Assist other departments by providing ongoing technical support.
· Other tasks/projects as assigned.
· Competitive Salary based on experience.
· Matching 401(k) contribution up to 5%
· Paid Time-off and Nine (9) Paid Holidays
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to walk, stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel parts. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with appropriate assistance. Must be able to be on feet (not sitting) up to 50% of the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Ear protection may be required for certain processes. Closed-toed shoes and eye protection are required for all activity on the shop floor.
General E-Verify, Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.
M&M Quality GrindingChicago, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.