- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
After our 40+ years in manufacturing, M&M Quality Grinding customers expect first-rate results. Our best efforts begin with you.
We invest in our people because technology will never exceed the value of our most precious resource. Whether experienced, junior-level, or something in-between, we always have a place for hard-working and honest people who thrive on making a difference.
Be part of a team dedicated to affecting precision-reliant industries in profound ways. Do what you love in an environment built on trust and respect, and benefit from the many opportunities for advancement and professional development.
We are a proud practitioner of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and work hard to make everyone feel welcome
M&M Quality Grinding has a rich history in the value-added steel processing sector dating back to 1981. Located in southwest Chicago right off I-55, M&M plays a critical role in their many customers' supply chains ranging from original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to steel service centers. These companies serve a variety of markets including commercial and industrial, medical, oil & gas, food service, steel products distribution.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for scheduling and coordinating the flow of work within and between departments to ensure on-time delivery and efficient operations. He/She is responsible for maintaining work orders in company ERP system and ordering all raw material, tooling and other supplies necessary for on-time production.
- Minimum 3 years in production planning and/or purchasing in a machine shop
- Strong analytical skills and computer skills
- ERP Experience (SAP, Oracle, Global Shop, or similar)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Excel
- Material management / Purchasing Experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree required
- Support Production and Quality departments to establish and maintain high efficiency
- Support Sales team in providing updates in efforts towards exceptional customer service
- Purchase raw materials and all supplies
- Arbitrate and negotiate between company and suppliers to obtain competitive pricing
- Oversee inventory, adjusting as needed to ensure accuracy
- Provide guidance and support to inventory and shipping/receiving personnel
- Plan and schedule production orders based on customer demands
- Daily balancing of labor for hourly employees and payroll hours reporting to
management as needed
- Visits and evaluate vendors and customers
- Travel to participate in events including conferences and trade shows
- Provide support and training to support team with ERP System
- Fostering a sense of urgency in completing projects and tasks
- Track and run various production and inventory reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis for team and efficient management of costing, schedule, and inventory levels
- Develop and maintain Work Instructions for all tasks involving your department
- Establish and maintain a safety plan according to OSHA requirements
- Conduct one's self in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct. The measurement of success for this role will include the accuracy of the data in the ERP for inventory, production schedule and daily labor; cost-savings for purchased items, on-time delivery performance, customer satisfaction and team satisfaction.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Matching 401 (k) contribution up to 5%
- Paid Time-off and Nine (9) Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to walk, stand, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel parts. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Ear protection may be required for certain processes. Closed-toed shoes and eye protection are required for all activity on the shop floor.
General E-Verify, Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.
M&M Quality GrindingChicago, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.