Customer Service Representative
- Posted: March 31, 2022
After our 40+ years in manufacturing, M&M Quality Grinding customers expect first-rate results. Our best efforts begin with you.
We invest in our people because technology will never exceed the value of our most precious resource. Whether experienced, junior-level, or something in-between, we always have a place for hard-working and honest people who thrive on making a difference.
Be part of a team dedicated to affecting precision-reliant industries in profound ways. Do what you love in an environment built on trust and respect, and benefit from the many opportunities for advancement and professional development.
We are a proud practitioner of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and work hard to make everyone feel welcome
M&M Quality Grinding has a rich history in the value-added steel processing sector dating back to 1981. Located in southwest Chicago right off I-55, M&M plays a critical role in their many customers' supply chains ranging from original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to steel service centers. These companies serve a variety of markets including commercial and industrial, medical, oil & gas, food service, steel products distribution.
The Customer Service Representative plays a vital role in developing and preserving our relationships with clients, vendors and industry partners.
We are a fast-paced environment and value high-energy team members that have a strong work ethic, a great attitude, a strong sense of urgency and care deeply about doing great work
- You must be able to learn quickly and move fast to understand client needs and clearly communicate them to our internal team.
- This position requires extreme attention to detail and the ability to multi- task, and you must be able to double check your work and maintain strong follow up on open issues.
- You must be very comfortable with technology as you will spend a considerable part of your day using email, in and out of a complex ERP system, reviewing client requirements, and working in a variety of Microsoft Office tools.
- You must be able to collaborate with our Sales, Quality, Accounting and Purchasing teams on solutions for client issues.
- You must be creative in your problem solving to find new ways to solve problems that can assist internal and external partners.
- You must be flexible and adaptable to handle changing requirements and situations internally and externally. And you must be able to remain calm, collect important details, and provide clear situation analysis so our team can react effectively and efficiently.
- And it is imperative that you can communicate professionally and document carefully to ensure client expectations are met and everything has been recorded for future reference.
- Enter New Customer and Order Entry into our ERP
- Monitor and maintain Sales Order Dashboard in ERP to provide clear direction and feedback to Quality and Shipping Team
- Maintain client contact information in CRM systems
- Attend all Meetings and APQP meetings to answer internal questions about orders and obtain any updates that need to be communicated back to the client.
- Proactive communication (email and phone) with clients and our internal team about schedules, questions, issues, annual volumes, release quantities, packing and shipping requirements and additional order and account information.
- Assist with compiling reports to track, monitor and improve our processes and performance.
- Ensure client files, server files, and all documentation for client orders, parts and communication are kept organized and up-to-date.
- Assist with invoicing, shipping documentation, and other client account daily tasks.
- Assist with annual Customer Survey process.
- Assist sales with RFQ and quote process.
- Assist with plant tours for clients, and vendors when needed.
- Project assistance for Purchasing, Accounting, Production, Quality, and Sales.
- Attend industry events and association meetings with other team members to represent M&M Quality and promote our capabilities and opportunities.
- Contribute to and exemplify M&M Quality Core Values - every employee on our team is a critically important member of our organization and we want you to embrace our values as you become a partner in our growth.
- Integrity matters more than profit or reputation.
- Diversity gives us strength. Respect it and each other.
- Never stop Learning. Seek continuous improvement and learn from mistakes.
- Leadership means setting a high standard and living it every day.
- Outreach will close the gap. Highlight the promise of manufacturing to all.
- Safeguard our livelihood with Stewardship. Protect the industry and our partners.
- Everything - our partners, our success, and our legacy - depends on Quality
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Matching 401 (k) contribution up to 5%
- Paid Time-off and Nine (9) Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to walk, stand, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel parts. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Ear protection may be required for certain processes. Closed-toed shoes and eye protection are required for all activity on the shop floor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
M&M Quality Grinding
BusinessView all jobs at M&M Quality Grinding