This person oversees the productivity of the Service Department. They manage the tech efficiencies, schedule jobs, build a backlog, manage customer relationships, and recommend employment candidates.
- Focus on goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all service department staff.
- Administers an annual operating budget for the service department.
- Creates and utilize specific plans and programs designed to meet sales revenues and net profit goals, as established in the yearly business plan.
- Works with the General Manager and Director of Service to accomplish assigned goals.
- Monitors and controls the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems, and surveys.
- Reviews and analyzes technician’s performance results and provides leadership and guidance when applicable.
- Analyzes and provides leadership in the area of market potential and penetration for all Service Department capabilities.
- Coordinates and maintains a working relationship with all other department heads
- Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and sends employees to appropriate training schools as needed.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to the dealership’s guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains 24-hour follow-up with all customers to confirm satisfaction with the service experience.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Heavy lifting (at least 50 lbs.), twisting, bending, standing, use of both hands and arms. Moderate noise level exposure. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Leadership skills, Interviewing, Mechanical Aptitude
Well-lit and plenty of room to work in the service area.
Position Type Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours and shifts may vary, dependent on location and need.
Education and Experience
Must be a graduate of a Technical School where the skills were learned or have equivalent experience.
M&K Truck CentersAlsip, IL
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.