M&K Engineering, a leader in critical component manufacturing for the Medical and Aerospace industries, is searching for a Shipper/Materials coordinator.
This role is responsible for managing incoming and outgoing shipments while meeting requirements of material purchase orders and manufacturing route sheets. The role will be responsible for the safe packaging, correct identification, storage and maintenance of inventory.
The successful candidate must be able to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment. This individual must be a self-starter, able to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplined team.
Specific responsibilities of the role are defined but not limited to the below:
- Package parts for shipment and provide copies of all required certifications.
- Prepare mailing labels using UPS World Ship online software.
- Document the shipment and inspection history on the Manufacturing Route Sheet.
- Manage the inventory of finished parts.
- Manage incoming shipments of raw material to ensure that the delivered product meets all requirements of the raw material purchase order and manufacturing route sheet requirements.
- Ability to read and understand purchase order requirements.
- Communicate with vendors on performance/material related issues.
- Solve problems concerning due dates, shipping dates, pricing discrepancies, etc.
- Verify the raw material certifications to ensure that they meet all of the chemical and physical analysis requirements of the specifications referenced in the raw material purchase order as well as those referenced on the manufacturing route sheet.
- Identify the raw material in accordance with our internal procedures.
- Release accepted raw material into the manufacturing.
- Perform simple mechanical inspections on incoming parts and in-process machined parts.
- Manage the inventory of unfinished parts.
- Minimum 3 years prior shipping/receiving experience is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds when requested.
- Understanding of basic measuring tools such as micrometers, vernier’s, etc are required.
- Experience in the review of raw material or process certifications and should be able to interpret the chemical and physical range requirements that are commonly expressed in decimal format on material certifications.
- High attention to detail is required.
- Team oriented and ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
M&K Engineering Inc. offers an attractive compensation and benefits package (Variable Choice Health & Dental Insurance Plans, Value Added Bonus Plan, Group Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Aflac Ins, 401K Retirement Plan, 401K Company match, Training Programs, Vacation and Sick Leave). We have a brand new, modern facility with onsite cafeteria and game room.
M&K Engineering Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For successful placement at M&K Engineering, the final candidate must be willing to work a flexible full-time schedule and successfully complete the pre-employment background screening.