M&K Engineering Inc. Woburn, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
M&K Engineering, a leader in critical component manufacturing for the Medical and Aerospace industries, is searching for a EDM Machinist for our Woburn, Massachusetts facility. The candidate must possess a solid knowledge of CNC machining and must be able to communicate instructions to machine operators. Must be able to perform machine set up and programming and operation in a cost-effective manner that does not compromise employee safety. Must have a complete understanding of EDM department equipment.
This position is classified as non-exempt, full-time regular employment.
- Perform programming to setup and operate wire EDM machine.
- Coordinate and be a principal role in the EDM department.
- Produce parts to specification; verify parts meet extremely close tolerance dimensions, alignments, and specifications.
- Analyze blueprints and engineering drawings to determine part dimensions and cut configurations. Determine type/size of cutting tool according to metal stock on machine fixture.
- Observe machining of first parts to verify programming accuracy.
- Perform complex tool changes and offsets.
- Utilize micrometers, calipers, gauges, comparators, etc., and inspect work against prints or model.
- Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing teams to supply solutions to their needs in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment.
- Continuously look for innovative ways to improve processes, reduce waste, increase throughput and improve efficiencies.
Skills, Education, and Experience
- Must have at least 3-5 years of experience setting up and operating wire EDM machine.
- Requires a very high degree of precision and attention to detail.
- Must be able to use a wide range of measurement devices such as optical comparators, indicators, micrometers, calipers, threaded and straight plug gages, pitch micrometers, CMM etc.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, specifications and inspection instructions and determine product conformance based on such documents.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with coworkers at all levels of the organization with respect and dignity.
- Experience working in an ISO 13485 and/or AS9100 regulated facility is a plus.
M&K Engineering Inc. offers an attractive compensation and benefits package (Variable Choice Health & Dental Insurance Plans, Value Added Bonus Plan, Group Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Aflac Ins, 401K Retirement Plan, 401K Company match, Training Programs, Vacation and Sick Leave). We have a brand new, modern facility with onsite cafeteria and game room.
M&K Engineering Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For successful placement at M&K Engineering, the final candidate must be willing to work a flexible full-time schedule and successfully complete the pre-employment background screening.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
M&K Engineering Inc.
M&K Engineering is an established ISO certified manufacturer of precision machined components and assemblies servicing customers engaged in medical, aerospace, defense, and commercial high-tech markets. M&K Engineering offers an excellent benefits package with 30 day eligibility! Our compensation is above the industry standard and we typically have ample overtime opportunity.
166 New Boston STWoburn, MA