- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 Hourly
The Distribution Specialist provides on-site support to supply chain activities within a cannabis cultivation facility. As a Distribution Specialist, you are responsible for receiving, distribution, and inventory tasks. Distribution Specialists may be cross-trained and asked to support other departments occasionally to meet business needs.
Rate is $14/hour. Mandatory OT and weekends if needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- File completed and signed packing and delivery documents both physically and electronically.
- Sort receipts and prepare expense reports for fuel and vehicle maintenance charges.
- Update order statuses in company's sales system.
- Complete and create invoices for packaged orders that are pending shipment.
- Finalize invoices upon delivery completion to reflect any product rejections.
- Send documentation including product COA, manifests, and invoices to accounts and corresponding parties.
- Identify and correct issues with product labels and packing slips before shipment.
- Create shipping manifests and verify for accuracy and compliance.
- Perform inventory transfers in state's traceability software.
- Track, record, and assist with scheduling van services and maintenance work.
- Process product returns in state's traceability software.
- Identify and correct any product issues before delivery.
- Print product labels and verify for accuracy and compliance.
- Sort and organize inventory and sales data for reporting.
- Ensure all documentation is correctly completed and left in the appropriate area for delivery transporters.
- Monitor and maintain quality control measures in accordance with state and local laws.
- Adhere to company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment within the facility and production areas.
- Immediately inform Distribution Manager of any system discrepancies.
- Work within company continuous improvement system and strive to increase productivity.
- Regularly clean equipment and receiving dock and bay.
- Provide support to additional cultivation, harvest, and production teams as needed to achieve facility production goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Previous experience in supply chain, warehouse, receiving, and/or inventory.
- Able to follow detailed instruction and capable of performing repetitive tasks.
- Must have a positive attitude and work well with others in a team environment.
- Willing to learn about, operate, and maintain facility equipment in a safe manner.
- Must have effective time management and multitasking skills.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to safely climb, squat, bend, twist, kneel and stand for at least 8 hours per day, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to successfully register with the state's cannabis commission as an agent.
- Must comply with all laws, regulations, and policies associated with the industry.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a regulated production facility (food, beverage, CPG, etc.) preferred.
- Pallet jack proficiency preferred.
- Forklift proficiency preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 50 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.
AddressApollo Beach, FL
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?