Principal Gifts and Planned Giving Intern
- Expired: February 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Principal Gifts
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
The Development Internship will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in our Principal Gifts and Planned Giving programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with briefings and proposals, including proofing, editing, design input, and distribution.
- Review existing donor or patron lists for increased giving potential.
- Perform basic research on donors and prospects team members via Google or DonorSearch.
- File and document review in support of summary reporting.
- Develop a standardized process for preferred documentation needed for 1M gift intentions.
- Support survey analysis, including follow-up and strategic efforts.
- Assist with data entry in Tessitura, our Customer Relationships Management System (CRM).
- Perform general clerical duties (filing, printing, copying, mailing).
- Additional projects as needed.
- Pursuing a degree in arts management, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal, written, personal communication skills.
- Projects require prioritizing and efficiently managing multiple tasks.
- Ideal candidates will have a strong work ethic with sensitivity to confidential information and the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) is also necessary.
- Experience with CRM platforms is a plus.
- Sitting for extended periods.
- Occasional work on nights and weekends.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard mouse and to handle other office equipment. Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments, or performances.
- Fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Powered by JazzHR
Lyric Opera of Chicago
EducationView all jobs at Lyric Opera of Chicago