PEO Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager (BDM) plays a key role in procurement of new clients combined with retention of active clients. BDMs are responsible for meeting and/or exceeding revenue production and approved proposal requirements, maintaining an appropriate level of contact with attained clients and for providing assistance for servicing clients when needed. The Business Development Manager is responsible for selling through virtual video platforms, b2b (business to business) and any other available methods.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Selling company services in a professional and proficient manner
- Growing and maintaining centers of influence and a referral network for business development
- Developing new business leads through multiple methods including cold calling, marketing, and any other means available and consistent with Lyons HR core values, business practices, and financial objectives
- Submitting requests for proposals (RFPs) for approval
- Developing contracts for services to meet production and revenue requirements
- Ensuring that all proposals and client contract data is submitted completely, correctly, in the necessary format
- Participating in sales meetings, accountability sessions, intermittent sales training, webinars, seminars, and other settings as may be necessary for education and ongoing training
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- 2 years previous sales experience required
- College degree preferred
- Self-starter with ability to discuss and propose human resources solutions to business owners on a professional level
- Excellent communication, listening, and prospecting skills with demonstrated high degree of ability to ‘close’ the sale
- Proven track record of success selling a service or “intangible”
- Flexibility to work from a remote base, as necessary
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Publisher, and Excel with demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed
- Attention to detail with high degree of customer service commitment
- Demonstrated ability to gather and submit detailed business information for underwriting, pricing, and presentation of solutions for identified prospects’ business problems and desires
- Has and maintains an established network, referral base, and established client base
- Ability to maintain professional, courteous, and effective work relations with peers, other departmental personnel, clients, and worksite employees
- Continual development of comprehensive knowledge of overall organizational and departmental functions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time at a desk and working on a computer; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Travel is required for this role. Some overnight travel is required.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: Critical features of this job are described above. They may be subject to change at any time.
Lyons HRSaint Louis, MO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.