Director of Annual Giving
- Posted: over a month ago
Director of Annual Giving
Lyon College seeks dynamic and enthusiastic candidates for its new Director of Annual Giving, to join a vibrant Advancement & Alumni Relations team during a period of significant opportunity. Lyon is launching an ambitious, $80 Million Capital Campaign as part of its sesquicentennial year, and the new Director of Annual Giving will play a prominent role in its successful completion.
Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, the Director of Annual Giving is a key member of the frontline development team, responsible for raising philanthropic gifts in support of the Lyon College Annual Fund and a variety of other annual and strategic initiatives.
The Director of Annual Giving will coordinate a year-round acquisition and cultivation program that will involve solicitation through direct mail, email, social media, texting, and all forms of multi-channel donor cultivation, solicitation, and retention. The Director will raise funds that enable Lyon College to deliver on its mission, with a focus on securing gifts that are unrestricted or for the College’s highest priorities.
This position requires a high level of organization, professionalism, entrepreneurial thinking, and an understanding of the objectives of annual unrestricted fundraising. Candidates may work out of the Batesville campus, or the newly established Little Rock office.
- Develop a working knowledge of Lyon College in general and funding priorities specifically to articulate a compelling case for support to all constituents.
- Develop a compelling case for support for Lyon’s Annual Scholarship Fund and create a comprehensive strategy for marketing the Annual Fund to current and potential donors.
- Work closely with the Vice President for Advancement to create and implement a robust strategy to increase alumni giving and participation in the Annual Fund.
- Draft all written communication for Annual Giving campaigns, including, but not limited to, direct mail appeals, online giving pages, and other annual giving-related materials.
- Collaborate with the Vice President and gift officer team to strengthen and expand the 1872 Society, with donors of at least $1,000 annually to the Annual Fund.
- Analyze giving patterns among Lyon’s constituency and create a strategy to recruit, develop, solicit, and retain the pool of regular supporters in the under $1,000 annual category.
- Research and incorporate ongoing Annual Fund best practices and develop new and creative strategies to increase support.
- Support the overarching goal of the Advancement component by attending College events and activities.
- Support activities, initiatives, and events sponsored by the Institutional Advancement Office such as Homecoming, Reunion, Commencement and other special events on and off campus.
- Serve as a vital member of the Lyon College Advancement & Alumni Relations team by participating in group strategy discussions, providing project leadership, sharing information with colleagues and contributing to the achievement of the overall goals of the college.
- Actively seek to improve professional skills, knowledge, and understanding of Lyon College by developing relationships with colleagues across campus.
- A disciplined, results-oriented, self-starter, demonstrating initiative and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Persuasive communication skills in writing, in-person, and over the telephone.
- Outstanding listening and analytical skills.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to be knowledgeable and articulate in stating Lyon College’s mission and vision, and the case for support of its priorities.
- Ability to appropriately manage highly confidential information.
- A creative, good-natured member of a team with demonstrated collaborative and pro-active manners.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Willingness to do some travel
This is a full-time position available immediately. Lyon College is an independent, selective, residential liberal arts college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and is included among the country’s best liberal arts colleges by U.S. News and World Report.
To apply, send letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references to Rebecca Varela, Office of Human Resources, Lyon College, P.O. Box 2317, Batesville, AR 72503. Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Lyon College is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Lyon College visit our website at www.lyon.edu.
Non ProfitView all jobs at Lyon College