Mechanical Engineer Entry Level
- Posted: over a month ago
Lynntech's mission is to solve real problems in defense, aerospace, medical, and energy markets by developing and commercializing innovative world-class technologies and products. To accomplish this mission, we need team members who are passionate about creating the latest in technology solutions, and who are driven to learn and grow.
Lynntech's mechanical engineers take part in all stages of technology and product development, from researching and brainstorming the very first concepts, all the way through advanced engineering and manufacturing development that build products to improve lives. Our mechanical engineers are commonly engaged in the following activities:
- Participate in concept generation and problem solving in brainstorming sessions with talented and experienced innovators.
- Design and develop prototypes and test stands to support emerging technologies utilizing state-of-the-art hardware components and systems.
- Formulate plans and guide the development and implementation of engineering solutions including design, procurement, testing, deployment, and documentation.
- Planning and execution of preliminary and critical design reviews, and associated design review documentation.
- Test and troubleshoot these prototypes and processes and monitor outcomes with a critical eye for improvement.
- Analyze empirical data to determine trends in order to make design recommendations.
- Contribute valued feedback regarding the design and performance of prototypes and manufacturing systems.
Basic qualifications include a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related engineering discipline, as well as:
- Experience with utilizing fundamental physics and engineering principals in a research and product development environment.
- Experience, knowledge, and background in core functional areas such as fluid dynamics, heat transfer, materials, thermodynamics, machine design, controls, and manufacturing and computer aided design.
- Must be well-rounded. Capable of understanding the big picture application of the overall system as well as the minor details.
- Proven creative and hands-on skills in design, repair, or improvement of mechanical or manufacturing devices or systems
- Strong self-starter who can work autonomously
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-oriented environment
- Capable of prioritizing and balancing competing project demands and conflicting project requirements
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and a team player
The following attributes are valued in an applicant, although passion for the work and the ability to learn and grow are the foremost requirement:
- Master of Engineering or Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering disciplines. Or, 2-3 years of relevant work experience or research experience.
- Experience in mechanical design, prototyping, and drafting using CAD parametric modeling software (g., Creo, SolidWorks, Inventor)
- Experience in finite element analysis to support engineering design work.
- Experience with electrical hardware, instrumentation, and control systems
Lynntech is built on a culture of collaboration and innovation - you will play an integral role within close-knit groups, working daily right alongside other talented engineers, scientists, and researchers to perform groundbreaking research and solving real-world problems.
Mechanical Engineers at Lynntech support a wide variety of novel technologies in many fields, disciplines, and application areas, through participating in SBIR and STTR research and development programs. Constant learning and being resilient to failure are a way of life and growth at Lynntech.
Our engineers can advance as technical experts in their discipline, develop expertise in one or more technology areas, and/or take on project, personnel, or other leadership roles. Long-term growth opportunities abound in the engineering career path, where you determine your own ceiling according to your passion, proficiency, and ability to add value to the engineering team and the organization.
Some of the incredible variety of technology areas that Lynntech's engineers are involved in are:
Medical Devices • Air platforms • Space platforms • Materials and Chemistry • Biology and Life Science • Human Systems • Intelligent Systems • Electronics • Sensors • Weapons • Modeling • Diagnostics • Energy and Power
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.lynntech.com. Feel free to include a cover letter or expanded resume to outline how you fit this position.
Lynntech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disabled.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressCollege Station, TX
ManufacturingView all jobs at Lynntech, Inc.