Account Manager, Mid-Atlantic (Outside Sales - Broadband Wire/Cable)
- Posted: 16 hours ago
Exciting Sales Career Opportunity
Have you ever considered working for an innovative company where the customer is the focus of everything they do? We are looking for an experienced, full-time Outside Sales Account Manager to join our Broadband Division meet or exceed sales quotas in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US.
This position will be responsible for developing, maintaining and growing end user and distribution revenue within the Mid-Atlantic region of the US (Eastern PA, DE, VA, MD and Washington D.C.), while developing and executing a plan to grow divisional market share. Management of the distribution channel includes program and relationship development aligned with the sales plan, coordination with the inside sales team and the development of new business opportunities and end users through new relationships or programs.
The ideal candidate will have direct industry experience, strong knowledge of our products, reside within the Mid-Atlantic territory and be able to travel 50-75% of the time.Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a sales strategy to meet or exceed sales goals through the management and development of distribution and end user relationships and strong coordination with the inside sales team.
- Cultivate effective business relationships with executive decision makers in key accounts, end users and distribution partners.
- Identify market opportunities and key customer growth.
- Work with purchasing decision makers to gather internal and competitor sales data from individual territories, push successful product sales and initiatives into stagnant/underdeveloped areas.
- Secure products on company specification list.
- Develop and cultivate strong partnership with the inside sales team that includes frequent communication, alignment on outside sales activities that are part of the sales plan and a focus on driving company sales.
- Using defined processes, leverage inside sales team for quoting and sales support toward efforts to maintain and generate additional profitable sales within assigned accounts/region.
- Work with managers in territories named in sales plan to develop local stocking relationships.
- Leverage national rebate programs to grow territory where applicable, in accordance with company policy.
- Manage existing and develop new distribution and end user relationships on a regular basis, meeting in person and virtually.
- Keep team apprised of market and competitive intelligence (special pricing, protection needed, opportunities in the funnel, status of accounts).
- Keep current with company products and new product release information including sales materials, pricing, discount structures, product roadmaps, features, applications, competition. Disseminate and present to partners as appropriate.
- Keep special pricing document up to date for registered accounts/projects.
- Utilize Salesforce.com (SFDC) as dictated by company process for tracking all sales related activity, including the following pertinent information: contact name, company name, phone, email, appointments, opportunities, follow-ups and notes.
- Partner with the Director of Sales to create training programs for distributor and end user sales teams to include providing in person/virtual training and lunch and learns.
- Investigate lost sales within the distribution and end user sales channel to determine the root cause and develop a plan of recovery where applicable.
- Attend industry events and actively participate in related associations where strategically appropriate.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to communicate and present professionally, clearly, and effectively in English, in speech and writing, with internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across organizations and teams in a positive and productive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and partner at an executive level within the marketplace and company.
- Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs of customers and proactively solve problems.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish tasks, while also having strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with others.
- Resourcefulness to meet tight deadlines and flexibility with fluctuating priorities.
- Must possess a positive demeanor and maintain positive interactions with all internal and external customers.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 75% and conduct business virtually as needed.
- Ability to perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
- Seven years of experience in customer relationship management or outside sales
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com or another sales management tool
- Knowledge of Sage ERP or other accounting system
- Knowledge of broadband/wire and cable products and marketplace
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Life & Disability Insurance
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Lynn Electronics Corp
AddressNorth Wales, PA
BusinessView all jobs at Lynn Electronics Corp
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?