Executive Director at The Youth Development Center
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Youth Development Center, Inc.
The Youth Development Center (YDC) is seeking a new Executive Director who will have full responsibility for the leadership, management, and growth of the organization.
The YDC is seeking a dynamic, dedicated leader to be the new Executive Director (“ED”). Reporting to the President of the Board of Directors of the YDC, the ED is responsible for overseeing all YDC affairs and operations, including fundraising and development activities. Working closely with YDC staff, the ED ensures that all programs and services are meeting the needs of the youth and the community we serve.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter aligned to the mission of the YDC, as well as a strong fiscal manager. The ED must be able to skillfully represent the organization in the community, build partnerships, advocate on behalf of YDC and its constituents, and work closely with the Board and the organization’s supporters. In addition, the ED is responsible for working with the Board of Directors in raising significant financial support every year, managing the staff and volunteers, and being the external face of the YDC. Participation at meetings, community events and activities on evenings and weekends is an integral part of the job responsibilities.
Specific duties include:
- Champion the mission of the YDC, treating all program participants with dignity and respect.
- Provide vision and strategic leadership to the organization and work collaboratively with the Board to provide ideas for expansion of programs by understanding the changing nature and needs of the community; develop a strategic plan and execute against it.
- Be accountable to the YDC Board; regularly communicate key events, deadlines, and issues at Board meetings and other forums as appropriate.
- Function as both the internal and external face of the organization.
- Manage and supervise all programs at the YDC.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of YDC programs, activities, and official business.
Budget, Finance, and Operations
- Oversee and lead fundraising activities; maintain close relationships with foundations, individuals, sponsoring organizations, corporate donors, and government agencies; identify new funding sources.
- Oversee fiscal management of the agency, including working with staff, accountants and the Board Finance Committee to develop and adopt the operating budget and manage it.
- Attract, motivate, and retain top quality staff.
- Ensure that sound human resource practices are in effect (e.g. job descriptions, performance evaluations).
- Be accountable for an effective team, developing succession for critical roles.
- Encourage staff development and education; help connect the program staff’s respective areas of focus to the overall mission of the organization.
- Minimum of three years management experience.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
- Proven leadership ability in previous work and volunteer situations.
- Experience with youth leadership, mentorship or education.
- Experience with and understanding of fiscal and budgetary foundations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds across both public and private sectors.
- Experience and expertise with grant writing, its management and implementation.
- Non-profit work experience, including one or more of the following: youth development, fundraising/development in supervisory capacity, program management, community relations, people with disabilities and media relations.
- Full-time; Salary is negotiable - please provide salary requirements
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Youth Development Center is an equal opportunity employer. The YDC does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get fresh Director Youth Development jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.