Get to know our client:
Our Client is a major temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation company. They are a modern commercialized temperature-controlled warehousing for the storage of perishable goods, one of the forms of Food Preservation. Our client is seeking a Lift truck Operator to join their team.
In this role, you will ensure safe and accurate receipt, storage, and shipment of food products utilizing equipment including, but not limited to sit down and stand up forklifts, stand up straddle trucks, walk behinds, pallet jacks, double pallet jacks, and radiofrequency equipment.
- Load and unload freight using equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
- Move product to storage areas with proper equipment.
- Efficiently stack and safely store the merchandise in the designated area.
- Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
- Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety.
- Participate in physical inventories, as needed.
- As directed by management, perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking
- Must be able to meet production standards.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment.
- Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
- Charge or change forklift battery as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Tools and Technology: Computer, Warehouse management system and related components, Pallet Jack, high lift, sit down or stand up lift truck, Hi-lift, RC
Shift Hours: Monday – Friday 6am to 215pm & 2pm to 1015pm