National Reference Laboratory is seeking a Graduate with a Bachelor Degree from a four year college or University in chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science or medical technology .
Hours:1st Shift, Monday and Tuesday, 8am-5:30pm, Wednesday 8a-7p, Thursday and Friday, 8a - 5:30pm
- At least 1 year experience in MT or MLT field preferred, with certification
- Will accept new grads for review
- Certified MT or MLT needed to perform moderate complexity testing
- Workload includes subjective testing, microscopic use, specifically gram stains and wet treps, and kit testing.
- Phlebotomy skills are a plus but not required
- Candidate may float between 2 locations, within 15 miles distance. Possible temp to permanent opportunity.
Medical Technologist Job Description:
• Receive specimens for testing; evaluate specimens and test orders; determine priority of work and batches to maintain acceptable turn-around-time; recognize; unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately.
• Perform confirmatory testing on client samples , quality control samples and proficiency samples making measurements and calculations.
• Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy ; recognize and correct errors and unusual results; interpret results to produce a final report.
• Maintain, calibrate, and clean instrumentation; perform scheduled and as needed maintenance and critical function checks recognizing significant changes in instrument function; trouble shoot as indicated.
• Follow quality control rules; monitor controls for error detection and take corrective action; maintain laboratory records, maintenance logs, quality cont charts , reagent and standard logs , and worksheets.