Part Time Medical Assistant at Pearl Family Medicine
- Posted: over a month ago
Part Time Medical Assistant needed for small family medicine office
We are an independently owned family medicine practice that focuses on practicing medicine in a way that cares for the patient as an individual rather than as a number. We are seeking to hire a Medical Assistant who will be responsible for assisting with clinical and administrative duties at our facility. As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the medical office. You will support doctors and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization and communication. To be successful in this role, you will need to have at least two years of prior experience in a medical setting and understanding of patient care and medical terminology.
Primary Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; take blood pressure, weight, and temperature; report patient history summaries.
- Schedule appointments, verify times with patients and prepare charts.
- Triage telephone calls and prescription refill requests according to protocol.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt of orders.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Serve and protect the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures as well as federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhance practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assisting
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 1 month of employment
- 3 years of Medical Assistant experience preferred. Family medicine experience a plus.
- Clinical skills and knowledge base specific to family medicine
HealthcareView all jobs at Lyndsay Bowman