- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, and developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure the accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from Executives, Controller, Owners and Owners Agents regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Supervise an assigned group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
SKILLS AND ABILITES
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven work experience as a Senior Accountant
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and financial procedures
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with Real Page software required
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge (familiarity with formulas, VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- Bachelor's Degree plus 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Strong working knowledge of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Asset, Cash, General Ledger, and Financial Statement preparation and review
- Strong customer service/people skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
Lynd Management Group, LLC
AddressSan Antonio, TX
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Senior Financial Reporting Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.