Cyber Security Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
ABOUT US: Lyn Aerospace is a premier engineering firm specializing in the research, development, integration, test, operations and analysis of wideband imaging radar systems. Our highly skilled and innovative team thrives on the most difficult technical challenges, it's the driver for the type of work we pursue.
Lyn Aerospace has an immediate opening for a Cyber Security Specialist. This position is available at our Waimea, HI (Kauai) office. Relocation assistance available based on qualifications.
• Provide support for a system or enclave's information assurance program through security authorization activities in compliance with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
• Perform auditing, vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support Assessment & Authorization (A&A)
• Provide configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
• Download, apply and mitigate Operating System (OS) updates and STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide) for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Windows OS
• Maintains operational security posture to ensure information systems (IS) security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed
• Research, develop, implement, test and review an organization's information security in order to protect information and prevent unauthorized access to computer systems
• Conduct a Vulnerability Assessment utilizing approved scanning software
• Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes. Prepare and review documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, A&A packages, and Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM)
• Develop, maintain, and facilitate the appropriate closure of Plan Of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms) and coordinate with the Agency-designated security Point of Contact (PoC)/Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to address related remediation activities
• Must be highly motivated, be able to work independently and be a self-starter
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Extensive experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Windows OS
• Must be able to obtain approved baseline certification(s) required to perform duties as a Information Assurance Technical level II (at a minimum) as outlined in DoD 8570 within 90 days of hire (e.g., Security+ (Plus) Certification)
• Demonstrated RMF accreditation on RHEL and Windows Operating Systems
Be familiar with the DSS Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM) & NIST 800-53[HC(A1]
• Experience using Tenable Nessus/ACAS Scanning Software or equivalent
• Familiar with data classification and handling
• COMSEC experience (desired)[HC(A2]
• Familiarity with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) compliance
• Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain DoD Top Secret security clearance
• Experience with Cisco network switches and/or network security principles (desired)
• RHEL Administrator Certification RHCSA (desired)[HC(A3]
• Experience with upload and utilization of Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Services (desired)
[HC(A1]Suggest this have a “(desired)” designation. This is important if we want the hiree to interface with DCSA, which currently we in Waimea don’t have a need for.
[HC(A2]We don’t use much of this here, but can keep it in if need be.
[HC(A3]Google salary averages and with this cert alone should expect an employee in the $85k-$100k range
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?