Faculty Administrative Assistant
- Expired: January 27, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lycoming College is seeking applications for a Faculty Administrative Assistant. A Faculty Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative office support for the faculty members. This position would specifically provide assistance for Lycomings Institute for Management Studies, including accounting, business administration and economics. This position is a full time, 11-month position, eligible for healthcare, dental and vision benefits. Along with the excellent retirement and tuition assistance benefit packages that become available after just 90 days!
Core Administrative Assistant Duties:
- Hire, train, coordinate, and oversee work responsibilities of student support staff (if applicable per department)
- Prepare, process departmental incoming and outgoing mail in a timely fashion
- Process accounts receivables and accounts payable invoices to the Business Office using appropriate general ledger budget account allocations
- Process and reconcile monthly Pcard statements for department Pcards
- Maintain highly reliable files and departmental recordkeeping system(s)
- Order departmental supplies for faculty, stockroom, classrooms and/or students
- Act as a building advocate: process work order requests to Buildings & Grounds and IT Services for repair, routine maintenance and special requests for issues that require attention and follow-up to ensure issues have been resolved or requests completed
- Responsible for maintaining office machines and equipment, coordinating repair services as needed
- Answer phone calls, emails, and provide customer service assistance to students, faculty, staff and others with questions or concerns
Faculty Administrative Assistant Duties:
- Provide full administrative support to the faculty and department chair
- Exercise discretion in all matters of confidentiality
- Provide basic coverage for other administrative assistants in their absence
- Create and maintain calendar appointments
- Compile/prepare simple and complex documents, spreadsheets, syllabi, letters of recommendations and reports as requested
- Tracks department/program and faculty travel expenses
- Assist faculty with textbook orders
- Maintain department faculty Moodle accounts and course scheduling if applicable
- Coordinate faculty evaluations biannually for respective department(s)
- Coordinates special events for the departments/programs, including colloquiums and honor societies
- Coordinates/prepares itinerary for special visitors, distinguished guests (e.g., guest lecturers, speakers), and candidates; makes travel arrangements, overnight accommodations, meal arrangements
- Assist faculty with room reservations, make travel arrangements for field trips, special events, and faculty travel
- Regularly reviews the department website in consultation with the department chair; submits requests for updating and/or revising content to the Assistant Vice President for Marketing
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by department faculty, assistant to the provost, or the provost
Educational Requirements: High school diploma; associates degree preferred.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of significant experience in an executive office required.
- Ability to work independently, determine priorities, and handle a high volume of assignments effectively.
- Ability and commitment to project a professional and positive image.
- Ability to plan, lead and develop programs involving multiple constituents.
- Writing and proofreading skills sufficient to prepare a wide variety of documents with correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook); with demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required; ability to think critically and exercise mature judgment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to use tact, discretion and courtesy in contacts with all persons who have contact with the College.
- Proven ability to work well with diverse groups.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Post-offer, pre-employment drug screen, and criminal background check conducted.
Founded in 1812, Lycoming College is one of the nations oldest and most respected residential liberal arts colleges. Lycoming is ranked by Forbes as a Top ROI College and by The Princeton Review as one of The 386 Best Colleges. Lycoming Colleges strong endowment-per-student and fiscal acumen provide the foundation to support a first-rate undergraduate education. The College is dedicated to providing a high-quality liberal arts and sciences education including more than 100 majors, minors, and concentrations. Our community of scholars collaborates with and mentors our diverse student body of 1,200 active learners, including 37 percent international and domestic students of color, representing 39 states, territories, and countries. Students compete in 17 NCAA Division III sports, participate in faculty-driven research, thrive in a robust program of internships, and study abroad in more than two dozen countries. Lycoming is located in Williamsport, PA, a city rich in the arts and ideally situated for outdoor recreation. Williamsport is the site of a world-class healthcare system (UPMC Susquehanna), modern manufacturing, federal offices and county seat, energy and natural gas resources, and home to and the birthplace of the Little League World Series. Learn more at www.lycoming.edu.
Lycoming College proudly celebrates and values diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive campus community supporting all faculty, staff, and students. We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and all who are interested in supporting and contributing to our mission. Lycoming College is an equal opportunity employer.
BusinessView all jobs at Lycoming College