Director of Counseling Services
- Posted: over a month ago
Lycoming College is seeking applications for a Director of Counseling Services. This is a full-time, 11-month position that reports directly to the Associate Dean of Students and serves as a member of the Student Life Leadership Team. This person is responsible for designing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive counseling services program that represents a commitment to students’ mental health and wellness needs in the Lycoming College community. This position does require a variety of shifts that could be day, nights and/or weekends and serves as in an on-call capacity.
Some of the responsibilities of the position include:
- Providing direct clinical supervision to the professional staff of the Counseling Center and ensuring compliance with accepted ethical clinical standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring counseling support to students, both individually and groups as needed. As well as providing services to support and meet the needs of specific populations (including but not limited to, LBGTQ+, BIPOC and International students).
- Providing leadership and direction for daily operations of Counseling Services.
- Responsible for developing departmental goals, assessment, and budget.
- Researching, developing, and collaborating to implement a comprehensive health and well-being outreach program for students, including but not limited to wellness, mental health, alcohol, and other drug education, and other key campus wellness issues (e.g., suicide prevention, gender-based violence, etc).
- Serving as a member of the Retention Team and Alliance.
- Primary point person for family members of students who have mental health concerns about their students.
- Working with the team to plan and provide educational, psychoeducational, or prevention-based programs for students, families, faculty, and staff as needed (Warrior Days, Welcome Week, Green Dot, etc).
- Maintain memberships with professional organizations including the Association for University and College Counseling Center Directors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree and appropriate licensure in field of psychology, counseling or clinical social work required.
- Knowledge and understanding of college counseling centers and effective delivery of leadership and services.
- Expertise in the field of health and wellness, preferably in a college setting.
- Strong managerial/supervisory experience.
- Must have the ability to successfully manage a budget.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility and willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
- Must have the ability to responsibly handle confidential / sensitive information guided by professional ethical standards.
- Must be able to formulate and evaluate effective presentations and be skilled in public speaking.
Submit a resume, cover letter and the contact information for three professional references. A post offer criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screening will be conducted.
Lycoming is ranked by Forbes as a Top ROI College and by The Princeton Review as one of The 386 Best Colleges. Lycoming College’s strong endowment-per-student and fiscal acumen provide the foundation to support a first-rate undergraduate education. The College is dedicated to providing a high-quality liberal arts and sciences education including more than 100 majors, minors, and concentrations. Our community of scholars collaborates with and mentors our diverse student body of 1,200 active learners, including 37 percent international and domestic students of color, representing 39 states, territories, and countries. Students compete in 17 NCAA Division III sports, participate in faculty-driven research, thrive in a robust program of internships, and study abroad in more than two dozen countries. Lycoming is located in Williamsport, PA, a city rich in the arts and ideally situated for outdoor recreation. Williamsport is the site of a world-class healthcare system (UPMC Susquehanna), modern manufacturing, federal offices and county seat, energy and natural gas resources, and home to and the birthplace of the Little League World Series. Learn more at www.lycoming.edu.
Lycoming College proudly celebrates and values diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive campus community supporting all faculty, staff, and students. We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and all who are interested in supporting and contributing to our mission. Lycoming College is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR
HealthcareView all jobs at Lycoming College