Our internship is a lab-based pharmaceutical formulation scientist position, and the student will work closely with a senior scientist in an industrial setting. Student that have past practical experience in a laboratory research environment is preferred! Our intern is encouraged to be creative and take initiative and will be granted latitude for discretionary decisions and independence of action within guidelines established by his/her supervisor. Good interpersonal, communication, organizational, teamwork, and time management skills are essential to succeed at this opportunity!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all phases of research work including planning, preparation, execution of experiments and analysis results.
- Finish the lab work assigned by the supervisor in a safe manner and adopt our safety culture.
- Become an independent and proficient scientist by experimental design, hands-on lab work and data analysis.
- Pharmaceutical formulation internship is available to student that is currently pursuing a Masters or PhD degree in chemistry (organic or biochemistry preferred), material science, pharmaceutical science or related fields, and is enrolled in graduate classes in fall of 2019.
- Minimum GPA 3.2.
- Must be able to relocate to the city of the internship (Woburn, MA) or commute to the site for daily work.
- Must be able to work at minimum 24 hours per week from September to December.