- Over a month ago
Job Title: Visualization Artist
Location: Virginia Beach, VA, and Raleigh, NC
We seek to hire a talented Visualization Artist with a blend of technical competency and graphic sensibilities. You will be an integral part of a team that advances the use of practice technology and lead the visualization Innovation hub. As a part of this team, you will be exposed to an ecosystem of digital technologies and tools, which includes new and emerging technologies. You will actively contribute to research and adoption of emerging and innovative technologies in the industry's forefront.
This position requires expert-level proficiency in industry-standard visualization software, and demonstrated commitment to creativity, research, and innovation. Having a passion for communicating design through digital medium, you will collaborate with project teams to deliver sophisticated and compelling visuals. In addition to working on production, you will research and implement the latest visualization technologies. This is a multifaceted position that focuses on the areas of technical project support, training, research, and development.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, graphics, arts or equivalent desired
- 5+ years of professional experience in architecture or engineering firm, or 3+ year in CGI
- Advanced knowledge of Lumion, Twinmotion, Enscape, Autodesk 3ds Max, V-Ray, Blender
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, Aftereffects
- Knowledge of Da Vinci Resolve is a plus
- Adept at video and sound editing
- Proficient in design authoring software like Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, Sketchup
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Unity
- Strong foundation of visual storytelling, look development, lighting/camera composition
- Detail-oriented with strong communication and time management skills
- Self-starter with ability to manage time, operate with some degree of autonomy, consistently meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and deliver a high-quality product
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion, set priorities and manage competing demands
- Ability to proactively problem solve and apply innovative solutions
- Experience working in architecture, engineering, or related industries, with knowledge of project processes, milestones, and deliverables.
- Ever-present curiosity for the latest visualization technologies and trends, drive for continuous learning and staying current with emergent technologies
- Work in collaboration with project teams to produce compelling visuals to communicate design intent in a digital medium most suitable for the task - stills, animations, 360 panoramas, Virtual Reality, and videos
- Lead the Visualization hub of CNCPT Collaborative
- Stay current with industry trends, evaluate new software and hardware, assess viability of products
- create implementation plans for rollout of new software and hardware
- curate materials and other graphic asset libraries, standardize workflows
- Democratize certain rendering technologies, engage with and train staff to elevate the rendering quality of typical project
- Inculcate visualization as a process tool during phases of design and coordination
- Engage with staff at various levels to educate them about various visualization technologies
- Assist in maintaining and creating firm-wide documentation, procedures, and standards
- Possess current knowledge of Practice Technology best practices, firmwide standards and expectations for design excellence at a multi-disciplinary firm.
- Coordinate and / or lead Practice Technology related training, participate in new employees' orientation, make presentations to staff
Work is sedentary and often performed in an office setting. Work area is lighted, heated, and ventilated. This position may require extended periods of standing, sitting, as well as some repetitive movements, bending and lifting of minimal weight. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Luxus
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?