- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Project Architect – (2654)
Location: Washington, DC
Do you value teamwork and an environment where you can learn, thrive, and be challenged?
You are just the person we are looking for.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Project Architect, like you.
As your future employer, we believe that integrity and respect for everyone are a must. You, as a valued team member, will be a part of this culture too.
Luxus Build is seeking a driven, dedicated, and talented individual with design and technical skills and experience to work in a collaborative studio environment on an exciting and diverse portfolio of projects.
Our firm has distinguished itself as one of the DC Metropolitan area's leading architectural firms, with over 75 local, regional, and national design awards. Committed to the principles of design excellence, we endeavor to create high quality, beautiful and sustainable projects that reflect and celebrate the values and culture of each unique client. We are committed to creating places and spaces designed not only to satisfy the fundamental objectives of the program, but also to foster a deep sense of pride in their users.
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture from an accredited school of Architecture.
- Architectural licensure in practicing states or on track to become licensed preferred.
- 8 - 12 years experience working in a US Architect's office.
- Understanding of or experience using Revit.
- BIM experience.
- Experience in 3D software such as SketchUp, Rhino, etc.
- Ability to assess project progress and predict performance for scope completion and budget adherence required.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to multitask and work within a strong team environment.
- Proficiency with traditional project controls tools and methods required.
- Ability to lead a project and design effort from concept design through start-up required.
- The ability to volunteer yourself when you see others need assistance.
- The ability to make and keep commitments.
- The ability to support others, not by waiting to be directed, but through a deep understanding of how the firm works and what it takes for everything to work well together. Your daily focus is to make those around you even more successful.
- Perform architectural assignments with general direction, no immediate supervision, and work independently as well as collaboratively with others toward design solutions.
- Assist in developing design and technical solutions for projects in all phases, including graphics, renderings, physical modeling, and performance metrics for the successful communication of the design goals.
- Provide production of design drawings, presentation drawings, and digital models in support of design teams.
- Research products and materials, review existing projects for those under construction to inform the production of design documentation.
- Assist in the project's narrative for meeting building performance goals, including metrics, verification, and design integration.
- Contribute to the effective performance of the Project Team regarding project quality, schedule, and budget.
- Assist in the execution of Construction Administration responsibilities and project close-out.
- Contribute to general office-wide initiatives and marketing efforts.
- Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
- Help build relationships with clients and consultants with team leaders.
TechnologyView all jobs at Luxus