Oliver Peoples was founded in 1987 with the opening of its first boutique and subsequent launch of the original collection. From the beginning, Oliver Peoples had a passion for superior product, a distinctive culture rooted in California, and an obsession with service. These core values have remained at the foundation of the brand and endure today.
A part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, Oliver Peoples strives to be the most prestigious and culturally distinctive eyewear company in the world.
We are committed to excellence in service; our stylists and opticians assist customers in selecting that perfect frame.
The Graphic Designer position works closely with the Senior Designer to translate brand objectives into compelling deliverables across a broad range of platforms including printed materials, web design, advertising, in store signage, social media, and other marketing materials. The Graphic Designer conceptualizes and produces layouts, mock-ups, and renderings with direction from the Senior Designer for selection and approval. The Graphic Designer executes all prepress production services for print vendors.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes artwork for in-store visuals including window designs, banners, branding visuals, and display units for all points of sale globally.
- Designs print literature including magazine ads, point of sale materials, packaging, catalogs, look books, and training materials; prepare and revise files for production process.
- Creates designs for brand websites.
- Helps to establish seasonal visual style guidelines.
- Conceptualizes translation of seasonal visual campaigns into creative but practical in store designs.
- Presents design in a clear and concise manner.
- Ensures graphics and art are aligned with broader brand identity aesthetic.
- Designs logos needed for special projects, events and initiatives.
- Manages the design project files/archives.
- Reacts to ongoing needs of the company across all departments.
- MAC proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketch Up
- Basic knowledge of photography, used when retouching photos.
- Basic videographer and editing skills
- Strong design fundamentals; solid typography, composition, and great attention to detail both online and inprint
- Professional level photo retouching capabilities
- Experience with digital platforms, especially web design
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, tasks and deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Creative, strong work ethic and a team player
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design
- 2+ years in Graphic Design field
- Must have excellent verbal and written and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Must be reliable, organized and punctual
- Experience with luxury goods is a plus
- Interest in fashion and trends is preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.