The Second Shift Manufacturing Supervisor will be focused on the assigned Production Team by continuously training employees, building relationships, communicating effectively, and being visible on the production floor working hands on. In addition, the Manufacturing Supervisor promotes an engaged, safe work environment, measures productivity, understands and reduces costs, produces on- time delivery, develops employees/teams, as well as rewarding employees for excellent performance.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow and enforce all established policies, procedures, and recognized practices
- Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall plant objectives
- Supervise production employees and ensure the currency and applicability of workforce skills and complete training as required. Ensure follow‐through on all policies and procedures and work closely with all members of the Production team
- Requires some hands‐on training with employees in the manufacturing environment
- Prepare work schedules, including managing overtime and time‐off requests
- Actively participate and contribute to all safety activities and continuous improvement initiatives
- Partner with other operation supervisors to balance labor ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all your goals
- Lead and/or contribute to project teams focused on safety, productivity, waste and quality improvements
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates. Investigate and document all work‐related injuries and accidents
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
- Enhance skill level of the associates to support quality and production objectives
- Resolve any issues, handle maintenance work when necessary
- Meet and exceed all customer service requirements
- Assist in taking physical inventories following corporate procedures
- Coordinate with the maintenance manager on the preventative and emergency maintenance required for operational equipment
- Perform special assignments and/or duties, as required
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 2 years working in a Wood Shop on the management team
- Experience working with woodworking machinery
- Effective communication skills individually and in a group setting
- Experience planning and executing shop activities that result in production goals
- Develops and maintains work standards, processes, and procedures individually and in a
- group setting
- Identifying problems and implement preventative strategies to minimize risk
Our management team brings well over a century of combined staffing industry expertise to the table—you can be assured that whatever your needs, we have done it before and we do it the best. Luxor's leadership team stands on a legacy of delivering effective solutions. No matter what staffing obstacles you face, we offer the leverage you need to run and grow your business.
Why Work Here?Luxor Staffing offers a corporate staffing experience, yet we provide the hands-on service normally expected only from a small, locally-owned firm. Established in 1999, Luxor now has 17 offices in Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee. We are high-volume experts, specializing in staffing shifts of 300 or more employees, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our management team brings well over a century of combined staffing industry expertise to the table—you can be assured that whatever your needs, we have done it before and we do it the best. Luxor's leadership team stands on a legacy of delivering effective solutions. No matter what staffing obstacles you face, we offer the leverage you need to run and grow your business.
We accomplish our goals and help you achieve yours through outstanding service and relationships built on trust & integrity.