Luxfer MEL Technologies is a global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of Magnesium and Zirconium based products and services to technology industries worldwide. We provide innovative products and solutions to customers worldwide for use in a broad range of markets including Aerospace, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Ceramics and Healthcare. We have a wide range of products, including Hazardous, Non-Hazardous and Export shipments. We are an innovative technology driven business where we have a relentless drive and a passion to achieve high standards. At Luxfer Customer First, Integrity, Accountability, Innovation, Personal Development and Teamwork are our core values.
Luxfer MEL Technologies is currently on a significant growth path which has led to the expansion of our Human Resources team. We are seeking a highly driven and organized professional to join our great company culture at our Flemington, NJ facility. This role will be responsible for providing professional HR services.
This is a part time position, averaging 20 hours per week.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information
- Assists employees and supervisors with interpretation of HR policies and procedures
- Leads the mid-year and annual performance review process
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment benefit laws and regulations
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs
- Ensures appropriate information is provided to payroll for new starts, changes and leavers
- Assists with recruitment needs as necessary
- Lead and support continuous improvement efforts for all Luxfer MEL team
- Acts as point of contact for HR inquirers from management and staff, providing advice and guidance on employment matters, taking into account employment law, best practice and terms
- Support recruitment of on-boarding processes, ensuring all appropriate steps are taken to facilitate smooth process for management, interviewees and new hires
- Lead in HR reporting activities by producing regular and ad-hoc reports
- Conducts exit interviews, analysis and makes recommendations to management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Manage HR email inbox and respond to inquires in a timely manner
- Coordinate learning activities to assist in the sharing of knowledge across the company. Facilitates or provides training to the workforce
- Update and maintain HR documents on company intranet (SharePoint)
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field required
- 5 years of experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- HRIS and/or Time and Attendance software experience required
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of employment laws and HR best practices
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting a plus
- Previous experience with learning & development processes a plus
- SAP and ADP experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Self motivated and team player mentality
- Commitment to the Luxfer Values: Customer First, Integrity, Accountability, Personal Development, and Teamwork
Luxfer MEL Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment and pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required. Candidates must be authorized to work it the U.S.
Why Work Here?Luxfer is a leading producer of highly engineered industrial materials serving attractive end markets worldwide. Our high-value innovative solutions help to improve peoples lives, keep them safer, and make their work more productive. We deliver quality, reliability, and performance that have been trademarks throughout our long and proud history to our values customers all over the world. Our highly innovative engineered products are utilized by the aerospace, defense, medical, gas and oil industries. As we venture into the future, we will continue to develop innovative and pioneering solutions that meet our customers and markets needs.
Join a company that drives strategic initiatives, promotes personal growth and embraces new technologies!