Luxfer is a leading producer of highly engineered advanced materials that help protect lives, keep the environment cleaner and make industry more efficient. Our high-performance products are used in a broad range of applications across global end-markets including transportation, defense and emergency response, health care and general industrial applications. We work in close collaboration with our customers to introduce innovative solutions that improve the quality of life for people worldwide.
Our facility located in Madison, IL 5 minutes from downtown St. Louis is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual for the position of Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will work closely with the Director of Finance and have two direct reports. The Accounting Manager will join a growing, publicly traded Company and be responsible for overseeing all finance and accounting for the location. Additionally, the Accounting Manager is responsible for supporting the Company’s financial reporting requirements in accordance with US GAAP, maintaining internal controls and SOX compliance, and providing analytical and strategic support. This role requires a critical thinker and innovator, who is highly organized, has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a strong ability to build effective relationships across the Company.
This role will often interface with IT, Sales and Operations on various cross-functional objectives including, but not limited to the S&OP process, inventory control and cost accounting, business analytics, IT infrastructure and systems.
- Lead the month-end accounting close process, including posting journal entries, and preparation and review of account reconciliations to ensure all Corporate Reporting deadlines are met.
- Maintain a strong internal control environment and helping execute the company’s annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) assessment.
- Reviews and refines bill of materials, routings, and work center rates as part of ongoing refinement of standard costs.
- Maintain internal control documentation and related processes to ensure compliance with control framework.
- Supports the audit process by providing data to external auditors.
- Assist in the design and implementation of Company policies and procedures and current accounting standards.
- Analyzes and prepares reports of actual manufacturing costs (production variances and shop floor labor hour entry) and compares standard costs to actual production costs.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Maintains Regular Attendance.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required; Master's degree in Accounting, CPA License preferred
- 4+ Years Finance & Accounting Experience required
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting, financial analysis and reporting
- Previous management experience required
- Cost Accounting experience
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, and related accounting software required
- Big 4 Public Accounting, Publicly Traded Company and/or Manufacturing Company Experience highly desired
- Experience with Hyperion and/or OneStream desired
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Advancement Opportunities
We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment and pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required. Candidates must be authorized to work it the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual
orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with
respect to employment opportunities. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment and pre-employment drug screening, physical
and background checks are required prior to starting. Candidates must be authorized to work it the U.S.
Why Work Here?Luxfer is a leading producer of highly engineered industrial materials serving attractive end markets worldwide. Our high-value innovative solutions help to improve peoples lives, keep them safer, and make their work more productive. We deliver quality, reliability, and performance that have been trademarks throughout our long and proud history to our values customers all over the world. Our highly innovative engineered products are utilized by the aerospace, defense, medical, gas and oil industries. As we venture into the future, we will continue to develop innovative and pioneering solutions that meet our customers and markets needs.
Join a company that drives strategic initiatives, promotes personal growth and embraces new technologies!