Analyst - Agrifood
Lux Research Inc Boston, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Agriculture is experiencing one of the most rapid and disruptive periods of innovation in modern history as regulations, consumer behavior, and sustainability align. From farm to fork, governments, established industry players, and innovators alike look to identify new opportunities and business models enabled by technical advancements including sensors, machine learning, robotics, fermentation, genomics and metagenomics, and materials science.
At Lux, we serve innovative clients in a variety of industries as they evaluate technologies, use cases, and business model innovation to respond to and find success. Clients include multi-national chemistry, food, electronics, materials, and consumer goods companies in addition to investor, academic, and government groups. Lux Research is seeking an experienced Analyst to bring thought leadership in agriculture innovation to a talented team.
We are looking for an Analyst who has advanced education and industry experience in agriculture innovation. Candidates with a broad understanding of crop protection and nutrition alternatives, digital agriculture solutions, and/or an understanding of the application of genomics in agriculture are encouraged to apply. The candidate will write, develop, manage, and motivate research reports and analyses that help Lux clients make better decisions about investments, partnerships, and technology strategy within the rapidly changing area of agriculture innovation and its connection to sustainability and the food system. This includes developing novel methodologies to understand when, how and why technology platforms (e.g. synthetic biology) will impact the industry or examining the business models that enable scaled technology integration of the myriad solutions that exist today. Successful candidates will advise clients on topics related to their research, present their research at conferences, and speak with C-level management at startups and established companies that are developing cutting-edge technologies.
This role is based in the U.S. although candidates based out of Amsterdam are also of interest. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues across our global organization.
- Work with a geographically diverse team to develop and test research hypotheses and prepare findings for clients.
- Directly support and advise innovation clients, leveraging research from across the team, on phone and in person.
- Working with the Agrifood and Health team leader to craft coverage priorities and a research agenda over the course of the year.
- Produce and manage written research reports.
- Represent Lux Research as a speaker at technology conferences around the world.
- Understand client business needs to develop and deliver high-value research.
- Minimum 3 years work experience within an agriculture related discipline, preferably crop protection and nutrition, with a background in (corporate) innovation.
- Educational background in agriculture related science discipline (e.g. chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, or genomics).
- A strong record of academic achievement. Master's degree required; Ph.D. preferred.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about agriculture sustainable intensification, emerging technologies, and technology integration, and ability to workshop and surface clear ideas with thought partners.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to meet client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing, environment.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to write clearly and incisively about business and technical topics.
- Superior listening and critical thinking skills, and ability to speak articulately and think on your feet; a good sense of humor is a major plus.
- Strong analytical skill, both qualitative and quantitative.
More About Lux Research
Lux Research is a leading provider of tech-enabled research and advisory solutions, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux uniquely combines technical expertise and business insights with a proprietary intelligence platform, using advanced analytics and data science to surface true leading indicators. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make more informed decisions today to ensure future success.
For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.
Lux Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law. Lux Research participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Powered by JazzHR