Lutheran's Hultquist Place, an assisted living facility, is currently seeking compassionate and caring Certified Home Health Aides (HHAs) or Personal Care Assistants (PCAs) for Part-Time, 2nd Shift opportunities.
Our HHAs provide direct care to residents, under the supervision of the RN Case Manager in accordance with facility policies and procedures and report resident needs and concerns to the RN Case Manager.
High school diploma or equivalent required. The Home Health Aide provides direct resident care as indicated in the individual care plan. His/her duties are performed under the direct supervision of the RN Case manager. Must have HHA Certification, which means the successful completion of New York State training for home health aide services or equivalent exam approved by New York State is required. Knowledge of data entry in computer for medical records.
- Follows written and oral directions.
- Follows established performance standards and performs duties according to facility service policies and procedures.
- Follows Resident’s rights policies at all times
- Accepts assigned duties in a cooperative manner
- Provides assistance with personal hygiene according to the residents care plan.
- Identifies resident problems and concerns and reports them immediately to the Charge Person.
- Conducts resident rounds as assigned.
- Assures residents have call lights at hand and answers call lights promptly
- Implements corrective action as necessary under the direction of RN Case Manager.
- Reports and records incidents and/or unusual problems according to established facility procedures.
- Reports to Charge person, the care provided to the resident and the resident’s response or lack of response to care provided.
- Reports changes in residents’ conditions to RN Case Manager.
- Completes documentation utilizing computerized medical record system accurately, timely and following facility policies and procedures.
- Refers resident and family complaints and problems to Charge person.
- Assures residents are monitored with meals, nourishment and transportation to meal service area.
- Consistently work cooperatively with residents, RN Case Manager, CHHA RN other nursing personnel, physicians, families, consultants and ancillary service providers.
- Provides housekeeping services to residents.
- Provides other supportive tasks for residents as needed.
- Follows facility procedures for admission, discharge and transfer of residents.
If this sounds like you, please apply - we can't wait to meet you!
Lutheran Social Services.