Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI) is a not-for-profit social service agency of the three Illinois synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). LSSI serves people through an array of programs at more than 100 sites across Illinois. LSSI’s services include counseling, mental health, substance abuse treatment, residential treatment for children and adolescents, early childhood education, programs for adults and children with developmental disabilities, foster care and adoption, housing and services for older adults and individuals with disabilities, nursing care and programs for prisoners and their families.
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois is seeking an energetic person to join our team as a Supervisor/Senior Crisis Counselor in our Project IMPACT program. Project IMPACT is a crisis assessment program located within the emergency department of five hospitals on the North-side of Chicago.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of Project IMPACT to ensure compliance and authorization for services, and provide support to staff during times of high patient volume.
- Pre-screen patients/clients in crisis.
- Intervention focuses on clinical assessment and appropriate referrals to community resources.
- Manage and Monitor the authorization process to secure payment for services provided.
- Monitor Patient flow/acuity and assist in getting patient to next level of care. Ensure that documentation is completed in timely manner.
- Interact with staff as needed to get documentation completed.
- Monitor and maintain the staff workload and schedule Maintain communication with ED staff to run operation and inform Director of any changes needed.
- Master’s degree in Psychology/Social Work/Human Services is required
- (LCPC/LCSW preferred)
- Two years experience working with mentally ill patients, counseling, crisis intervention, case management and/or substance abuse.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Key Words: Supervisor /Senior Crisis Counselor, Supervisor, Senior Crisis Counselor, Social Services, Human Services, Medical Health Services, Mental Health, Rehabilitation Services, Vocational Rehabilitation, Manager, Not for Profit, NonProfit, NFP.