Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and wholeness to people and communities. For over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children and families, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
LSSI believes that providing comprehensive care and paying primary attention to restoring and maintaining the dignity of our clients begins at the point of intake and is key to the success of our programs.
This full time counselor position will manage a caseload of clients, complete assessments as clients arrive, facilitate several didactic groups and individual sessions per week, and provide case management and referral services for clients as they prepare to discharge from the facility.
If you are excited to engage clients in this fast paced, multi-disciplinary environment, and to work to change lives, then this job is for you!
- Provide comprehensive diagnostic assessments of clients’ needs
- Develop individualized treatment plans
- Provide substance abuse counseling and case management services to a diverse population (individual and group counseling)
- Provide crisis intervention and referral services as needed
- Provide community outreach and education as requested
- Participate in professional educational opportunities
- Work in collaboration with the behavioral health network team
- Assess for relapse potential and potential for clients to leave against staff advice. Provide appropriate intervention, utilizing clinical knowledge and engagement strategies. .
- Ensure all documentation is complete in a timely manner, meets regulatory standards, and financial targets.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree with 1-3 years in substance abuse industry.
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum of CADC
- LSW, LPC, LCSW, LCPC Preferred
- Experience in providing substance assessment and counseling services (individual/group)
- Effective communication and enthusiasm about a multi-disciplinary team approach to care
- Excellent time management skills that may be utilized in a fast paced clinical environment
- Provide culturally appropriate, competent and individualized treatment in accordance with each client’s age, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, and culture
What we Offer
- Competitive salary based upon relevant education, experience and licensure.
- Monetary Incentive rewards
- Comprehensive benefits package including healthcare insurance, 26 days of paid time off per calendar year, 10 paid holidays, Sick time, 403(b) plan, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible hours.
- Training, CEU Opportunities, supervision for clinical licensure
- Room for advancement and an environment where you can utilize your education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Substance Abuse Counselor, Substance Abuse, Mental Health, Counseling, Healthcare,