Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and wholeness to people and communities. For over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children and families, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
Registered Nurses (RN) are an important part of LSSI’s success. High levels of flexibility, energy, attention to detail, and problem solving are required to be successful . LSSI’s northwest side community counseling center is seeking a Full-Time, Bilingual (Spanish speaking) RN with experience in psychiatry to work with psychiatrists/APN’s.
The schedule is Monday- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM with some flexibility to coincide with doctor schedules.
- Assess C&A and adult patients
- Provide triage for patients and administration of injections
- Coordinate with labs in the area, refill scripts when the doctors are not available
- Provide translation services in Spanish for the doctors if necessary
- Coordinate care (lab results) with case managers/clinicians
- Refer patients to medical care when necessary
- Monitor the medication room to ensure all meds are not expired,
- Coordinate with drug representative and managing all authorizations through the state for medications
- Focus on a holistic approach to medicine, i.e., working with patients on weight loss, healthy eating, cholesterol screenings, exercise, smoking cessation.
- Deliver an exceptional patient experience through service, responsiveness and care
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be familiar with Electronic Health Record.
- Fluency in Spanish mandatory.
- Current state license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Strong communication skills and customer service orientation
- A supportive attitude toward our patient population
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Key Words: RN, Registered Nurse, Medical Health Services, Healthcare, Nursing, Rehabilitation Services, Not for Profit, NonProfit, NFP.