Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and wholeness to people and communities. For over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children and families, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
PI CCM-Crisis Counselor
- Pre-screening patients in crisis, by providing support for human service needs like food insecurity, resource assistance, emergency housing, transportation assistance, etc.
- Intervention focuses on clinical assessments, appropriate referrals to community resources, and engaging difficult-to-engage clients using the emergency room over routinized community care.
- Interventions occur within a busy emergency room, a busy mental health center, and traveling within the community.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based upon relevant education, experience and licensure.
- Bachelor degree in Psychology/Social Work/Human Services is required (Master’s degree preferred).
- Preferred one year experience working with mentally ill patients, counseling, crisis intervention, case management and/or substance abuse.
- Overnight and weekend availability required.
We offer room for advancement and an environment where you can utilize your education and experience, knowing that you are making a positive difference in the lives of children and families.
Come be a part of this challenging and rewarding environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Key Words: Crisis Counselor, Counselor, Social Services, PI CCM - Crisis Counselor (PT) Human Services, Medical Health Services, Mental Health, Rehabilitation Services, Case Manager, Service Coordinator, Manager, Not for Profit, NonProfit, NFP.