Job Description :
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois is a not-for-profit social service agency with more than 100 program sites throughout the state of Illinois. Our services include counseling, mental health, substance abuse treatment, housing, work with prisoners and their families and services for older adults and a variety of services for children including preschool, foster care, and adoption.
- We are looking for a full-time overnight candidate.
- Come join our team and work in the exciting and fast paced atmosphere of the Emergency Department.
- Project IMPACT works in local community based hospitals on the North-side of Chicago.
- This candidate would be responsible for providing crisis mental health evaluations in the ED for patients who are experiencing a psychiatric emergency.
- Patients may also have a history of trauma and substance use that the candidate will assess for and refer appropriately.
- This candidate would have a working knowledge of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual V and would need to provide preliminary diagnosis to assist in determining the patient's needed level of care.
- BA/MA in social work or related field.
- Must have overnight availability
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Key Words: Crisis Counselor, Social Services, Human Services, Medical Health Services, Mental Health, Rehabilitation Services, Not for Profit, NonProfit, NFP.