Counselor Substance Abuse
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois Sterling, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and wholeness to people and communities. For over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children and families, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
- We are currently seeking a full-time Counselor/Case Manager for our Substance Abuse Outpatient treatment program.
- In this position you will provide individual, group, and family counseling to clients (adults) with substance-related issues and dual diagnoses in a clinically & culturally-sensitive manner.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or related field preferred
- Professional certification or licensure (LSW, LPC, LCSW, LCPC, and/or CADC) within 2 yrs of hire date
- Preferred Bilingual, Spanish-speaking
- Annual TB test required
- Demonstrate ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and comprehensible manner.
- Competent with computers (Word, Outlook, etc.) and willingness to learn the electronic health record system
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based upon relevant education, experience and licensure.
- Comprehensive benefits package including healthcare insurance, days of paid time off, paid holidays, Sick time, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible hours.
Come be a part of this challenging and rewarding environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI) is one of the largest statewide providers of social services. Our dedicated staff help children, adults, and seniors to transform their lives. We provide services to one of every 300 people in Illinois! Our skilled and diverse workforce has a passion for making a difference—in our clients’ lives and in the social services field. We provide foundational tools and professional development to help staff strengthen the impact of their work and further their careers. LSSI uses a whole person philosophy of care and leads the way in applying innovation and best practices in our programs.
Our services include foster care, family intervention, early childhood education, mental health, counseling, addiction treatment, support for people with disabilities, affordable senior housing, home care for older adults, and re-entry programs for formerly incarcerated individuals.
Whether you are an experienced professional, a recent college grad, reentering the workforce, or just starting out, consider a career with LSSI. We have over 50 offices across Illinois. Be a part of our team and make a difference! A wide variety of rewarding opportunities await you at LSSI! Join the Lutheran Social Services of Illinois Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
1901 First Ave.Sterling, IL