The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to provide and coordinate a continuum of casework services on all levels of the child welfare system designed to achieve permanency for children and their family of origin, extended family, or a foster/adoptive family within agency policies.
- Seeking a highly organized and motivated individual who can perform all tasks required in the written service plan that is based upon the comprehensive, integrated assessment and demonstrates the ability to engage children and families in the process.
- This individual is expected to coordinate and collaborate with other service providers such as schools, health care providers, therapists and other support systems in order to promote the child’s well-being.
- In addition to carrying a small caseload, this position offers the opportunity to support foster parents and Child Welfare staff with teaching the team how to navigate the legal protections afforded to children regarding educational services, including those eligible for special education.
- The Educational Liaison will coordinate and collaborate with service providers and school staff members to promote the child’s well-being.
- This includes one-time and ongoing involvements in cases to assist caseworkers and foster parents with resolving school-related issues.
- The Educational Liaison is required to attend IEP meetings and school related meetings with staff and/or the foster parents for support and advocacy purposes.
- Knowledgeable about DCFS and agency rules and procedures governing educational issues is an essential job function.
- Child Welfare Employee Licensure mandatory.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Child Welfare Specialist.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Education, Foster Care, Education Liaison, Child Welfare Specialist, Child Welfare, Child Welfare Specialist/Education Liaison, Child Welfare Specialist Education Liaison.
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI) is one of the largest statewide providers of social services. Our dedicated staff help children, adults, and seniors to transform their lives. We provide services to one of every 300 people in Illinois! Our skilled and diverse workforce has a passion for making a difference—in our clients’ lives and in the social services field. We provide foundational tools and professional development to help staff strengthen the impact of their work and further their careers. LSSI uses a whole person philosophy of care and leads the way in applying innovation and best practices in our programs.
Our services include foster care, family intervention, early childhood education, mental health, counseling, addiction treatment, support for people with disabilities, affordable senior housing, home care for older adults, and re-entry programs for formerly incarcerated individuals.
Whether you are an experienced professional, a recent college grad, reentering the workforce, or just starting out, consider a career with LSSI. We have over 50 offices across Illinois. Be a part of our team and make a difference! A wide variety of rewarding opportunities await you at LSSI! Join the Lutheran Social Services of Illinois Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email