Child Welfare Counselor
- Posted: over a month ago
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and wholeness to people and communities. For over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children and families, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
LSSI is hiring a full-time Child Welfare Counselor. Under the supervision of a licensed clinician, provides the full range of therapeutic services to children in foster care, their birth parents and foster/adoptive parents in accordance with the comprehensive, integrated assessment, permanency plan, and assessed therapeutic needs of the child and family. Services provided within state mandates, COA standards, LSSI policies and program plans.
Benefits and Perks:
LSSI is growing! Come be a part of this rewarding environment, and enjoy the knowledge that you’re helping make a positive difference in the lives of others, as well as these career advantages:
- On Demand Flexible Paydays for earned wages through an app called Dayforce Wallet.
- Competitive salary based upon relevant education and experience.
- Bonus potential, if performance targets are achieved.
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare insurance, up to 26 days of paid time off per calendar year, 11 paid holidays, sick time, 403(b) plan, Employee Assistance Program, and flexible hours.
- The training you need to learn, grow, and succeed!
- Provide comprehensive assessment of client’s therapeutic needs.
- Develop individualized treatment plan being certain to engage children, families and CWS staff in the process. This process must also take into consideration the reasons the child/family are/were involved in the child welfare system, past and current safety and risk concerns, and the permanency/treatment plan for the child.
- Provide direct counseling and therapeutic services to individuals, families and groups as indicated by the assessment and treatment plan. Location of service delivery (whether home, office or community) is based on client needs, relevant program plans and requirements.
- Complete and submit all required reports, documentation and billing accurately and timely as required by LSSI and funding sources. Includes completion of written reports detailing client’s progress as required by applicable policies/procedures and/or when required by juvenile court.
- Participate in supervisory process for guidance, direction, support, and approval of decision-making, assessment, treatment planning and intervention. Provide DSM 5/ICD-10 diagnosis for assigned clients.
- Perform other related tasks as necessary or as assigned.
- Master’s level intern to develop clinical experience in a child welfare setting. Experience providing counseling preferred.
- Valid Driver License and reliable transportation required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
AddressWest Peoria, IL
Personal CareView all jobs at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?