Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and wholeness to people and communities. For over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of those in need, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
LSSI has a full-time opportunity for a individuals who have a passion for helping people. Join a team of live changers! Our Certified Developmental Disabilities Aide position assists adult residents with developmental disabilities and provide care in all areas of activities of daily living (ADLs) in a residential home setting. Duties include:
- Assist clients with activities of daily living;
- Drive and escort residents as required per protocol;
- Safely complete client transfers per facility protocol;
- Perform various assigned housekeeping tasks;
- Implement client individual rehabilitation
If you have the commitment, skills and desire to brighten the lives of individuals in need, we welcome your application!
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit plans
- Generous Vacation time
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must attend and complete in-house certification and ongoing training throughout the year.
• Ability to interact with residents, residents' families, and employees in a professional manner.
• Adequate written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to meet extensive physical requirements of the position.
• Valid IL Driver's License
Come be a part of this challenging and rewarding environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Key Words: Certified Developmental Disabilities Aide, Social Services, Human Services, DSP, CNA, Direct Support Professional, Certified Nursing Assistant, Aide, Health Care Worker, Residential Setting, DD, Developmental Disability, Integrated Facility, ICF, Nursing, Rehabilitation Services, Services for Disabilities, Long Term Care, Not for Profit, NonProfit, NFP.