Case Manager - SSVF
- Posted: 4 hours ago
- Per Diem
Case Manager - Veterans Services
Full Time | Day Shift | Up to $5,000 Sign on Bonus!
Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio is currently seeking a SSVF Case Manager for Faith Mission in Columbus, Ohio. Faith Mission is one of the largest homeless shelters in Columbus, Ohio, providing meals and shelter to men, women and Veterans with dignity and compassion.
The ideal candidate will share Our Mission: Creating a better world by serving people in need.
Requirements for a Case Manager with Lutheran Social Services:
- Education: Four Year degree in Social Work, or related field.
- Relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Licensed Social Worker, preferred.
- License: Current and valid Ohio driver's license.
- Previous experience working with the homeless population, required.
Responsibilities for a Case Manager with Lutheran Social Services:
- Work closely with community and government agencies (social services, shelters, faith and community based organizations, prisons, jails, VA facilities, VA grant and per diem programs, legal aid, settlement houses, landlords, etc.) to identify very low-income veteran families who are at risk of homelessness
- Using appropriate tools, screen identified families for eligibility, prioritize those families in greatest need and assess whether other interventions may better serve the veteran family being screened
- Perform intake for new participants, including needs assessment, and mental/physical health screenings
- Refer ineligible families to alternate resources/supports as available in the community or through the VA
- Work closely with clients to develop and implement participant specific, individualized, intentional action-oriented goal plans based on the CTI model, with a focus on achievement of housing stability
- Implement planning systems that reflect client strengths and needs, client responsibilities, Case Manager responsibilities, and action steps to help clients in achieving their goals
- Provide budgeting and other planning assistance toward the goal of housing retention.
- Coordinate with VA services, veteran programs, Faith Mission Resource Specialists and other community resources to assist clients in seeking income, employment and/or other needed supports.
As one of the largest non-for-profits in Central Ohio, we value our employees. Our excellence is based upon team members dedicated to a fulfilling career and committed to the service of others.
Benefits with Lutheran Social Services:
- Health insurance with 4-plan options!
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matched savings
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Medical and Childcare Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Health Savings Account
- PTO and 12 Paid Holidays
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on individuals & the community
About Lutheran Social Services:
We put our Mission of Service into action. Every day LSS serves thousands of people in 27 Ohio counties by addressing the four core societal issues of food, shelter, safety, and healing. LSS offers Food Pantries, housing and supportive services through homeless shelters, domestic violence services, senior living and health care, affordable housing communities, and other services that uplift families and strengthen communities.
Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio
GovernmentView all jobs at Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?