Case Manager - Returning Home Ohio Program
- Posted: 2 days ago
Returning Home Ohio Program
Full Time, Day Shift | No Weekends | Up to $5,000 Sign on Bonus!
Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio is currently seeking a Case Manager for Faith Mission in our Returning Home Ohio Program located in Columbus, Ohio. Faith Mission is one of the largest homeless shelters in Columbus, Ohio, providing meals and shelter to men, women and Veterans with dignity and compassion.
The ideal candidate will share Our Mission: Creating a better world by serving people in need.
Requirements for a Case Manager with Lutheran Social Services:
- Four-year degree in Social Work, related field or equivalent experience required
- LSW preferred
- Prior experience working in a social service setting required
- Experience working with the following or related populations: homelessness, behavioral health, substance abuse/addiction, chronic physical disabilities, re-entry, HIV/AIDS
- Experience utilizing the following techniques, interventions and EBP's: Motivational Interviewing skills, Stages of Change, Harm Reduction.
- Strong oral and written skills; with experience writing case notes, client action plans, etc.
- Experience working with housing programming strongly preferred.
- Administrative reporting experience; Outlook, Microsoft office, Excel
- Prior office experience, customer service, property management helpful
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for "housing first" model
Responsibilities for a Case Manager with Lutheran Social Services:
- Work with RHO Manager on appropriate requests, tracking, and reporting; Assist RHO Program Manager in required internal and external reporting.
- Maintain data collection for web-based data collection system. Assist with monthly and quarterly program reports.
- Ensure that data/outcomes are prepared for RHO Program Manager prior to established submission dates.
- Assist RHO Program Manager in client selection to the program and with orienting new clients to the RHO Program.
- Work with community partners to collect needed verifications to support an initial determination of eligibility for referrals.
- Provide budgeting and other planning assistance for the goal of housing attainment and retention
- Field requests from clients directly or indirectly for assistance with material needs.
- Identify appropriate avenues for addressing material need and arrange delivery
- Coordinate with other Faith Mission Supportive Service programs/staff to assist clients in seeking income, employment, housing and/or other services for clients as appropriate.
- Identifying housing opportunities for clients. May include outreach/onboarding of new landlords from the community, developing formal and informal relationships with various landlords/housing providers in the greater Columbus area. Maintain systems and methodologies consistent with a "housing first" philosophy.
- Complete meaningful activity reports with active RHO clients. Assists clients in filling out monthly OMA and TSE forms.
- Perform (minimally) monthly home visits. Completes initial, annual, and final apartment inspections.
- Coordinate and schedule with RHO Program Manager plan for basic transportation of clients including working with available resources and exploring alternatives when a transportation solution is not readily available.
- Maintain clear and precise case notes, including careful documentation of all client interactions.
- Actively participate in regular supervision and training including attending all mandatory CSH trainings and meetings.
- Work closely with clients to develop and implement intentional action-oriented goal plans based with a focus on maintaining housing, creating a meaningful quality of life and reduce further instances of re-entry to the legal/prison system.
- Implement planning systems that reflect client strengths and needs, client responsibilities and action steps to help clients in achieving their goals.
- Provide budgeting and other planning assistance toward the goal of housing attainment and retention, including establishing savings plans based on client income.
- Refer clients to partner agencies and community resources that benefit their short-and long-term goals.
- Gather information on potential resources for clients in the larger community.
- Actively participate in weekly Case Review, collaborating with colleagues toward positive client outcomes.
- Participates in local or state re-entry meetings or other local partner meetings and trainings as appropriate.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of safety, sanctuary, dignity, support, and resource through adherence to the Faith Mission Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Assist with crisis intervention and de-escalation by modeling professional and calm problem-solving behavior for clients, colleagues, and the community.
As one of the largest non-for-profits in Central Ohio, we value our employees. Our excellence is based upon team members dedicated to a fulfilling career and committed to the service of others.
Benefits with Lutheran Social Services:
- Health insurance with 4-plan options!
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matched savings
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Medical and Childcare Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Health Savings Account
- PTO and 12 Paid Holidays
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on individuals & the community
About Lutheran Social Services:
We put our Mission of Service into action. Every day LSS serves thousands of people in 27 Ohio counties by addressing the four core societal issues of food, shelter, safety, and healing. LSS offers Food Pantries, housing and supportive services through homeless shelters, domestic violence services, senior living and health care, affordable housing communities, and other services that uplift families and strengthen communities.
Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio
HealthcareView all jobs at Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?