CDL Driver for Hudson County
- Posted: over a month ago
'My work has special meaning: this is not 'just a job.''
'I just love working there and that's a good place to work'
'It feels good every day to know that what you do at your job, will help and make a differece in somebody's life. Especially elderly people that feel lonely, sick and abandoned by friends and family. We are there for them. I love to work at Lutheran and I love my Participants. Because of the pandemic we can't see each other everyday-but I call them; and I can feel their happiness when they hear my voice. They know I care.We all do at Lutheran Senior Life At Jersey City.'
Those are real statements from real employees at Lutheran Senior LIFE.
We hope you feel the same way once you experience what it is like to work here.....
*Caring* *Teamwork* *Kindness* *Open Communication* *Positive Attitude* This is how our team members describe the culture at Lutheran Senior LIFE! Apply today to find out more!
We have a new opportunity for a full-time CDL Driver!
The Driver is responsible for Lutheran Senior Healthcare passengers during transport, providing care in a manner which ensures participant satisfaction and follows assigned schedule, makes adjustments to meet unanticipated changes, while considering the needs of the participant and requirements of the PACE Center.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid NJ Drivers License
- Experience with assisting the elderly or frail.
- Current MAVT and/or CPR certifications (preferred).
- Safe driving record.
- Proof of Automobile Insurance at min of state requirements.
- Must pass all Credentialing and Driver Requirements under LSMNJ policy.
- Able to read and understand maps and routing information to navigate within the HudsonCounty area
- Able to handle information in a confidential manner at all times.
- Able to deal professionally and diplomatically with people. Must have good interpersonal skills
- Experienced in transporting individuals with special mobility needs.
- Must be flexible and able to function in stressful situations
- Knowledge of safety requirements pertaining to the transportation industry.
- Requires individual who can coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, caregivers and co-workers
- Proficient in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Experience working with transportation software scheduling program
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range, with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum of 1 year working with the frail or elderly
Employees must have DOT medical clearance and be free from communicable diseases and before having direct participants contact.
We care about our team members and the people we serve, so we made the decision to require all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Only candidates that are vaccinated or willing to be vaccinated should apply.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We have awesome benefits:
Offering flexible pay - accessing your pay anytime!
Critical Care & Accident Coverage
NJM Auto and Home Insurance
Identify Theft Protection
403(b) Retirement Savings offering an 8% company paid match!
Paid Time Off
And much more…..
Lutheran Social Ministries
AddressJersey City, NJ
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Lutheran Social Ministries