Director of Healthcare Services/Licensed Nursing Home Administrator
Lutheran Social Ministries of Maryland Ellicott City, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Since 1980, Lutheran Social Ministries of Maryland has been recognized for our strong commitment to providing the best retirement living for our residents. We are among the most respected names in older adult living and we are strongly devoted to our mission:
“Lutheran Social Ministries of Maryland, guided by our faith-based values, and through collaboration with affiliated ministries and ventures, forges relationships among the broader communities, leverages organizational capacity, and identifies and explores opportunities for further service.”
As a not-for profit organization, Lutheran Social Ministries of Maryland operates two Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Health Care Services overseeing Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living at The Lutheran Village Miller’s Grant (LVMG), Ellicott City, MD community. Reporting directly to LVMG’s Executive Director, the Director will serve a vital role as both a leader and team builder while planning and overseeing the Skilled Nursing and AL operations, and Therapy department. The Director of Health Care Services leads an interdisciplinary team of clinicians and professionals that deliver quality care and support to residents in our 12-bed Skilled Nursing and 36-suite Assisted Living facility, as well participating in supporting our resident living residents. As the Director of Heath Care Service Center at the Lutheran Village Miller’s Grant, you would lead a 5-star rated skilled nursing program that is in the planning stages to expand and develop the heath care centers capacity and services. In addition, Lutheran Village at Millers Grant is recognized by U.S. News & World Report's Best Nursing Homes for short term rehabilitation.
All the great incentives you receive as an LVMG Team Member!
A strong total compensation package including:
· Competitive Wages
· Tuition Reimbursement and Excellent Scholarship Opportunities
· Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Paid Short -Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Paid Life Insurance
· Paid Time Off
· Generous contributions to a 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
· Paid Professional Development
· Use of our on-site Fitness Center and Indoor Pool
· A strong culture of caring, collaboration, and support!
· Direct the day-to-day operations of the Lutheran Village Miller’s Grant’s 12 bed Health Care Center & 36 suite Assisted Living program in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
· Participate in the transition and continuum care planning for residential living residents,
· Assure that the highest degree of quality care is provided to residents at all times. As Director, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
· Prepare and manage Therapy, Skilled Nursing and AL budgets.
· Adopt and implement innovative practices to improve care and operations, including a strong QAPI program.
· Ensure that nursing staff remains in compliance with professional development and regulatory standards.
Monitor and manage labor and expense controls.
· Ensure monthly financial goals and targets are met.
· Maintain a healthy, collaborative team environment.
· Assure the highest level of customer services is delivered to our residents, families and team members.
· Current NHA license in the state of Maryland or the ability to obtain a Maryland (NHA) license.
· We are willing to pay for license transfer fees if license if registered in another state!
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
· 2+ years’ Administrator experience with Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, Short-Term Rehabilitation, and Assisted Living environments.
· Strong working knowledge of reimbursement regulations, nursing practices and procedures, laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to long-term care administration and assisted living administration.
· Experience in a Person-Centered Care model.
· A strong desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way.
· Superb organizational management, budget, and time management skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with a large team.
Lutheran Social Ministries of MarylandWhy Work Here?
Wonderful opportunity - join us as we build on our strong 40 year history and plan an exciting future!
Lutheran Social Ministries of Maryland was established in 2018 to provide strategic growth, vision, management, and resources to continuing care retirement communities Carroll Lutheran Village and The Lutheran Village at Miller's Grant.
AddressEllicott City, MD