"I work at LSI so that my clients know that although their journey may be difficult, they do not have to endure it alone." Shantel, an LSI therapist
At LSI, we are dedicated to wrapping compassionate care around the children and families we are privileged to serve. Our therapists are central to our mission and serve as expert advisors to LSI's early childhood, behavioral health, and family safety teams.
We are seeking a full-timeTrauma Informed Specialistto provide therapy and counseling to couples, families, adults, and children in Story, Polk and surrounding counties. Travel will be required.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with Polk County Juvenile Court Services to provide trauma-informed mental health support for youth at the Polk County Juvenile Detention Center
- Serve a diverse population of children, adults, couples, and families in an office or school-based setting
- Develop individual treatment plans to fully address each client's various behavioral and mental health care needs
- Manage case plan oversight and re-evaluation as necessary to build the best possible outcomes for our clients
- Work at least one evening per week and travel as needed
- Have the option to receive free clinical licensure supervision from one of our Clinical Supervisors
- Work in a fast-paced environment with opportunities to challenge and grow your clinical skills
- Enjoy collaborating with an experienced, talented team of people who are committed to making a difference in the lives of Iowans
- A strong drive to make a positive impact in the lives of youth, adults, couples, and families
- A highly collaborative spirit and the desire to work within a team that will treat you like family
- A Master's in Social Work or an approved related field (LMFT, LMHC)
- Must be licensed in the state of Iowa (temporary and provisionally licensed applicants are encouraged to apply!)
- A valid driver's license, good driving record, and auto insurance
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, Sex Offender registry, and a criminal history check
Benefits and Perks
We view each staff member as a holistic person with concerns, interests, and commitments outside of work. We are a team who cares about each other, believes in work-life balance, and provides flexible scheduling to meet your needs. LSI offers a 401(k), generous paid time off, and health, dental, life, and vision insurance. We also provide Team LSI perks like gym discounts, pet insurance, and cell phone discounts through Verizon.
Ready to get started and join Team LSI? Apply today!