A mission-driven organization, Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry (LMM) serves people in Northeast Ohio and walks with them on their road to self-sufficiency. LMM helps empower people to overcome barriers, obtain job skills, gain employment, locate safe and stable housing, access counseling and support services, stay out of prison, and secure second chances in community. Our mission is to promote shalom (peace, well-being) and justice (right relationships) through a Christian ministry of service and advocacy with those who are oppressed, forgotten and hurting.
The Director of Youth Residential Services is responsible for the administration of LMM’s Next Step Program, which currently includes a youth shelter and youth independent living program. The Director oversees the supportive services, programming, facilities and office management functions, and ensures the program maintains licensure and is fiscally sound. The Director also identifies and pursues the development of new opportunities to provide positive housing outcomes and life skills achievement for youth involved in or exiting the foster care system.
Some of the duties include:
· Have current knowledge of and maintain systems to substantiate compliance with all rules, regulations or requirements affecting the program; actively participate in all compliance related surveys (e.g. ODJFS; CCDCFS)
· Translate licensure rules into policies and procedures and ensure staff are properly trained to implement
· Manage contract with the Cuyahoga County Division of Children and Family Services (CCDCFS) and/or other public entities
· Ensure the safety and well-being of clients and coordinate the review, investigation and monitoring of incidents; evaluate effectiveness of the behavior support management system and other interventions
· Ensure services operate under best practice standards as informed by agency accreditation (Council on Accreditation) and other industry guidelines
· Responsible for financial and program operations and meeting performance targets including tracking census and other key metrics
· Develop and implement a robust orientation for new staff and an annual training plan for all staff
· Collaborate across the agency service areas to implement or improve the spectrum of services to clients
· Represent LMM as needed in speaking engagements, participating in community organizations, attending community meetings, advocating on public policy issues, and seeking funding support
· Engage community resources and establish partnerships to enhance services to clients
· Available on call for urgent problem solving and flex work schedule based on program needs
Our ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree in business, social work and/or related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred. A minimum of five years management/administrative experience in nonprofit/social services coupled with work experience with at-risk youth. The candidate must also have a working knowledge of business practices, nonprofit management, and proven leadership ability.
LMM offers a number of benefits for full time staff including, but not limited to: medical dental, vision, disability, life, generous paid time off, and a 403 (b) retirement savings plan. LMM embraces cultural diversity and is Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran, and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Join our team! Go to www.lutheranmetro.org/employment to complete an online application and attach a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume. Applications accepted until position is filled.