- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Since 1939, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) has offered welcome and hope to refugees. LIRS has transformed lives with the support and hard work of people like you, to welcome the most vulnerable to the United States from sea to shining sea.
We help people seeking safety from persecution in their home countries and reunite families torn apart by conflict. We resettle refugees. We protect vulnerable children who arrive alone in the United States. We advocate for compassion and justice for all migrants.
Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of staff and affiliates. Attracting and retaining the best talent is vital to our continued growth and we are proud to offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision available the first day of employment, professional development, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off including 20 days of vacation, 12 days of sick leave, 12 paid holidays PLUS the week between Christmas and New Year's Day, 12 weeks of paid parental leave and up to 12 weeks of fully paid FMLA leave, company 403(b) contribution of 3%, an additional 7% match, Family Building benefits for reproductive procedures, adoption/foster care assistance, and an annual wellness benefit that can be customized to support your personal needs including funding enrichment classes, gym memberships, and healthy eating plans (to name a few) all in an inclusive and progressive environment!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service is a champion for all uprooted people. Please join us as we make a difference in the lives of newcomers.
Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer, the Publicist serves as a key communications partner for the CEO, helping to leverage the CEO's voice as part of advancing the organization's strategic objectives. This publicist will also work closely with the entire C-suite on publicity as needed. This role works closely with communications colleagues to ensure that messages and content are aligned with broader communications strategy and media plans.
- Create and execute communications strategies for the CEO that align with organizational priorities, in close coordination with the CCO and Director of PR.
- Use pre-existing relationships to arrange national-level engagements that help the CEO and the organization reach new audiences and demonstrate thought leadership around immigration and refugee issues.
- Build new relationships with key national events to help continue to reach new audiences.
- Oversee CEO social media accounts to ensure strong, positive visibility.
- Refine talking points and speeches for high level national events, in close coordination with the speechwriter.
- Pitch top tier national media features and offer additional media support as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years serving as a publicist for high-profile c-suite executives who operates in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong professional connections to national-level conferences and other thought leadership opportunities.
- Passionate about immigration and refugee issues and able to pitch complicated information in an easily digestible way.
- Ability to pitch CEO for events that reach new audiences that align with strategic objectives, including donor communities, affiliated organizations, and religious organizations.
- Superb editing and proofing skills; excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Efficient multitasking and time management abilities.
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours as needed during emergencies or other breaking news.
- Entrepreneurial and creative to identify new thought leadership opportunities for the CEO and other leaders.
- Able to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Commitment to LIRS' core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package in an innovative and rewarding work environment. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage effective on your first day of employment, 403(b) with company contribution and match, 20 days of vacation per year, tuition reimbursement, professional development and much more. Salaries are based on the latest market data and reflect the education, skills and requirements for the role. Differentials may exist based on the region and language abilities.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee ServiceBaltimore, MD
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.