Program Officer for Safe Release Services
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Since 1939, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) has offered welcome and hope to refugees. LIRS has transformed lives with the support and hard work of people like you, to welcome the most vulnerable to the United States from sea to shining sea.
We help people seeking safety from persecution in their home countries and reunite families torn apart by conflict. We resettle refugees. We protect vulnerable children who arrive alone in the United States. We advocate for compassion and justice for all migrants.
Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of staff and affiliates. Attracting and retaining the best talent is vital to our continued growth and we are proud to offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision available the first day of employment, professional development, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off including 20 days of vacation, 12 days of sick leave, 12 paid holidays PLUS the week between Christmas and New Year's Day, 12 weeks of paid parental leave and up to 12 weeks of fully paid FMLA leave, company 403(b) contribution of 3%, an additional 7% match, Family Building benefits for reproductive procedures, adoption/foster care assistance, and an annual wellness benefit that can be customized to support your personal needs including funding enrichment classes, gym memberships, and healthy eating plans (to name a few) all in an inclusive and progressive environment!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service is a champion for all uprooted people. Please join us as we make a difference in the lives of newcomers.
Reporting to the Senior Program Officer for Safe Release Services, the Program Officer for Safe Release Services will provide oversight, appropriate and effective technical assistance, and support to partners within the Safe Release Support network. The Program Officer for Safe Release Services will provide guidance, training, technical assistance, and support to the LIRS Safe Release Services team and LIRS's network partners through on-going communication, implementation of tools and written best practice guidance. The Program Officer will ensure that the effectiveness and quality of services through supportive program management, data management, trend analysis, training, and technical assistance. The Program Officer for Safe Release Services will ensure the high quality of program implementation and management of the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) Safe Release Support Program to facilitate meeting LIRS strategic goals and standards in accordance with federal and non-federal funder reporting requirements.
- Supervise the delivery of services by partners within the network, identify areas for improvement, expansion, and training needs. Identify areas of innovation and improvement for service delivery and build them into training objectives and service expectations.
- Serve as primary liaison between network partners, LIRS and federal entities with other stakeholders to ensure efficiency and compliance with all program requirements.
- Conduct outreach and information sharing with other ORR funded facilities to improve service delivery of Safe Release Support Program.
- Develop resource materials, facilitating peer support, preparation of service manuals, and planning and implementing trainings sessions for various training events and conferences.
- Conduct annual monitoring visits to selected fingerprint partners to ensure federal compliance and LIRS best practices. Continually review desk monitoring tools and complete non-compliance action plans based on policy requirements.
- Manage, prepare and collaborate on a variety of reports by analyzing network data, determining trends and reporting data to Children's Services staff and funders.
- Coordinate regular effective collaboration with LIRS partners, ORR, volunteer agencies, and other key stakeholders that are engaged in service provision to unaccompanied children and families.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work or other Behavioral Science. Graduate degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years' experience in direct service or program management.
- Experience in training and providing technical assistance to internal staff and external partners.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with emphasis on public and training settings.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, establish priorities and exercise sound judgment in response to situations that are highly complex, sensitive, and confidential.
- Familiarity in working with foreign born populations.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
- Deep commitment to LIRS' core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Special Position Requirements:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass an FBI background check as well as a CA/N check for every state in which they have resided in the last five years.
- Complete negative TB Test yearly
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We participate in E-Verify in the states that permit its use.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package in an innovative and rewarding work environment. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage effective on your first day of employment, 403(b) with company contribution and match, 20 days of vacation per year, tuition reimbursement, professional development and much more. Salaries are based on the latest market data and reflect the education, skills and requirements for the role. Differentials may exist based on the region and language abilities.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee ServiceBaltimore, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.