Program Officer for Prevention of Sexual Abuse (PSA)
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Since 1939, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) has offered welcome and hope to refugees. LIRS has transformed lives with the support and hard work of people like you, to welcome the most vulnerable to the United States from sea to shining sea.
We help people seeking safety from persecution in their home countries and reunite families torn apart by conflict. We resettle refugees. We protect vulnerable children who arrive alone in the United States. We advocate for compassion and justice for all migrants.
Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of staff and affiliates. Attracting and retaining the best talent is vital to our continued growth and we are proud to offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision available the first day of employment, professional development, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off including 20 days of vacation, 12 days of sick leave, 12 paid holidays PLUS the week between Christmas and New Year's Day, 12 weeks of paid parental leave and up to 12 weeks of fully paid FMLA leave, company 403(b) contribution of 3%, an additional 7% match, Family Building benefits for reproductive procedures, adoption/foster care assistance, and an annual wellness benefit that can be customized to support your personal needs including funding enrichment classes, gym memberships, and healthy eating plans (to name a few) all in an inclusive and progressive environment!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service is a champion for all uprooted people. Please join us as we make a difference in the lives of newcomers.
Reporting to the Associate Director for Quality Assurance, the Program Officer for Prevention of Sexual Abuse (PSA) will provide monitoring, evaluation and technical assistance for activities relevant to Interim Final Rule to headquarters and program staff serving unaccompanied immigrant children. This position can be remote.
- Monitor the implementation and ongoing compliance of partners according to HHS Interim Final Rule: Standards to Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Sexual Abuse and Sexual Harassment Involving Unaccompanied Children (45 CFR Part 411) and ORR policies and procedure related to sexual abuse and harassment.
- Assist programs in preparing for Prevention of Sexual Abuse audits conducted by ORR.
- Analyze ORR policy and procedure updates as they relate to IFR and translate into practical operationalization for program staff.
- Serve as primary point of contact between LIRS and ORR's Prevention of Sexual Abuse Compliance policy department and other stakeholders regarding compliance with IFR and related policies.
- Conduct regular reviews of case files, UC Portal files, personnel files, and foster family files, as well as any other standard focal areas associated with ORR policy.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on data collected from SA/SIRs, desk audits and monitoring visits to identify program challenges and areas for additional training related to IFR, and create program recommendations, corrective action plans, and program development plans.
- Develop materials, resources, and tools to enhance the delivery of program services in accordance with recognized child welfare standards, LIRS best practices, and LIRS/ORR policies and procedures implementation
- Create and facilitate online and in person trainings using interactive video conferencing and presentations to inform field and HQ staff of the most recent IFR standards, policies and procedures
- In consultation with the Associate Director for Quality Assurance, recommending additional training for program sites if needed.
- Request corrective action plans from sites as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in Social Work or related Behavioral Health Science is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years' progressive experience in program management serving children and families required; OR
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related Behavioral Health Sciences plus a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- 2 years progressive experiences in federal grant management including subrecipient monitoring required
- Experience in nonprofit governance, administration, grants management and compliance.
- Excellent writing skills required
- Deep commitment to LIRS' core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Licensed or license eligible strongly preferred
- Spanish language ability strongly preferred
- Up to 50% travel Required
- Valid driver's license required
- Must be able to pass an FBI background check as well as a CA/N check for every state in which they have resided in the last five years.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We participate in E-Verify in the states that permit its use.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package in an innovative and rewarding work environment. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage effective on your first day of employment, 403(b) with company contribution and match, 20 days of vacation per year, tuition reimbursement, professional development and much more. Salaries are based on the latest market data and reflect the education, skills and requirements for the role. Differentials may exist based on the region and language abilities.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee ServiceBaltimore, MD
BusinessView All Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.