Human Resources Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Under the direction of the Vice President for Human Resources (VPHR), the Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing key administrative and functional support related to payroll and HRIS administration, recruitment administration; onboarding; offboarding; records management, and front-line employee support. The HR Assistant will also provide support to the HR team in the areas of performance management; employee relations; and employee communications to include updating and maintaining HR policies and procedures.
Since 1939, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) has offered welcome and hope to refugees. LIRS has transformed lives with the support and hard work of people like you, to welcome the most vulnerable to the United States from sea to shining sea.
We help people seeking safety from persecution in their home countries and reunite families torn apart by conflict. We resettle refugees. We protect vulnerable children who arrive alone in the United States. We advocate for compassion and justice for all migrants.
Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of staff and affiliates. As we continue to grow, we search for the best candidates and offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision available the first day of employment professional development, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, company 403(b) contributions, and match, all in an inclusive and progressive environment!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service is a champion for all uprooted people. Please join us as we make a difference in the lives of newcomers.
- Provide front-line support to staff by responding to routine human resources inquiries.
- Setup and maintain employees in HRIS/Payroll system. Ensure accurate data entry and proper flow and maintenance of employee data, including preparation/distribution of employee change forms and reports.
- Assist with the full cycle of the recruitment process, including posting positions in ATS and on other recruitment sources, navigating applicant tracking systems and other recruitment tracking tools to ensure timely and accurate documentation of applicant data throughout the process. Screen resumes: and schedule interviews with hiring managers and others as required which includes reserving and preparing facilities and equipment and administering assessment tests as required. Coordinate background and reference checks; create new hire packets for offer preparation and prepare offer/rejection letters.
- Support the onboarding process by organizing new employee orientations, assisting with the creation of onboarding training, manuals, and schedules, updating relevant information.
- Process checks requests for benefits invoices, record relocation expenses and prepare invoices for processing. Prepare credit card and staff expense reports to ensure payment before the due date, reconciling them with HRIS reports.
- Participate in updating and distribution of policies and procedures, handbooks, organization charts, and related human resources materials
- Provide administrative support. Create a variety of documents to include employment letters, job descriptions, and routine HR communications.
- Assist by providing administrative and logistical support for the HR department.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred and three years of administrative experience preferably supporting an HR Department or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Good analytical and judgment skills to identify and resolve problems.
- Proven ability to assess priorities and manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously with excellent time management.
- A high level of confidentiality is required and matched with a deep respect for and commitment to protecting sensitive information.
- Strong computer skills, with proven experience in Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with HRIS and an ATS is strongly preferred.
- Alignment with and support of LIRS's core values.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service
BusinessView all jobs at Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service