Medical Records Clerk
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Medical Records Ward Clerk is responsible for compiling, processing, and maintaining medical records for the residents. Process documents for resident admissions and discharges. Assure that all medical record information is protected and kept confidential.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentially is maintained.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations.
- Retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.
- Process patient admissions and transcribe medical reports.
- Transmit correspondence or medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax.
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Maintain medical records, technical library, or correspondence files.
- Compile and record medical charts.
- Enter data such as demographic characteristics into the computer.
- Compile the outgoing mail and weekly deliveries.
- Transcribe recorded messages or practitioners’ diagnoses or recommendations into patients’ medical records.
- Release information to persons or agencies according to regulations.
- Plan, develop, maintain, or operate a variety of health record indexes, storage and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store, or analyze information.
- Assist the physician/ nurse practitioner (providing charts, records, etc.) during rounds.
- Update electronic medical record software in a timely manner.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
The Lutheran Home is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please verify that you have included in your application all relevant information and experience for the position you are pursuing. We use this information in our effort to offer competitive and equitable compensation.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressCape Girardeau, MO
HealthcareView all jobs at Lutheran Home
Get fresh Medical Record Clerk jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.